Diploma of community services ; Scholarship

Floence 1 / 1 1  
Please provide details of your proposed study, research or professional development, including the personal and professional benefits you expect to gain from your Endeavour Award. (Maximum 500 words)

I propose to study community services work because it is related to my prior and current work. My previous career, I was research assistant for the project on health disparities between 2005 and 2006 and a technical and social development officer and project manager for some projects from 2008 to 2011. In my current office, I take responsibilities a role in coordinating with villagers in the community. These careers have allowed me to see the importance of community work and get familiar with these kinds of services in both, urban and rural areas. The course also has nine interesting core papers, including a paper on implementing community development strategies and one on analysing the impacts of sociological factors on clients' community work and services. These papers will be useful for my career in managing projects in the future job.

The Endeavor Award would ensure that my studies are not burdened by any financial constraints, as the scholarship covers the tuition fee and living expenses. Furthermore, it would provide me with a wealth of opportunities to have a better life during my studies in Australia and after my return home. During my staying in Australia, this award would cover me in terms of health care due to it covers health insurance. Additionally, it would allow my partner and my daughter to stay or visit me when conditions are convenient for them. When I return to my home country, the skills and knowledge I will gain from Australian University will provide me with more job opportunities with high payment, because it increases my chances of being hired by a high-profile organization. The scholarship will also allow me to learn about and understand Western culture, Australian culture in particular, and language. Importantly, I will develop an international network of friends whom I can keep in touch with in the future.

On the other hand, I expect to gain skills and knowledge from the course. The skills that I most would like to develop are management and planning skills, because it will help me to be able to manage projects team or programs and supervise the team. Core papers such as "Projects management" and "Implement community development strategies" will deepen my understanding of these areas. Furthermore, the paper "Work within organisation and government structure to enable community development outcomes" would enhance my communication skills and would be useful for my career, because I often communicate with the government and the private and NGO sectors. More importantly, the course provides a vocational placement, which will give me the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills from class and work experience in the real environment of community services work. Another benefit for my profession from this program is a wide professional network. As the program is an international course where students come from different counties over the world, it will give me opportunity to know them and learn from them.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
[Write what your prior and current work are and how they are related/]
[I would delete this; you don't have to explain what the course does. You have to explain why you want to study it.]
[Delete this too. You should be writing about the specific jobs you are interested in, not just general job opportunities.]

[Why does the fact that the course has interesting papers make you want to take it?]
[Give a reason that explains why you will need those skills in your future job.]
zc8880 - / 1  
I'd like to talk about Endeavour Award with you, would you kindly give your contact information to me?

Home / Scholarship / Diploma of community services ; Scholarship