'I discovered my skills' - My Essay for the LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE QUESTION - Chevening scholarship

Eso 1 / -  
Hope to get your feedback soon as possible,

Chevening is looking for individuals who will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.(minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE QUESTION

I'm starting to lead a groups from my young age as that in my primary school i was responsible to finalize the roles for students in the daily morning announcements, then in my secondary school i was involved in art groups and was a part of a lot of teams and i was so effective in organizing the steps we must to do to reach the best result of our project.

My college days was the best ever as i have been a leader for 2 teams from my 1st year in 2 student activities and that makes me learned a lot about leading in real life and in work. reached the highest level as being supervisor in one of those student activity as a Multimedia supervisor and i was a academic member in the other student activity with greatest 5 academics friends and we were responsible for 120 other student as we teached them the real changes happening in the market and all the details related to stock market in Egypt and how to deal with it, adding i worked on improving my team members and work on them weaknesses and how to deal with it and how use them strength points to lead them for them goals and how to serve the group as a member.

My current stage started from 5 years after my college, in my work i was the assistant of my team leader in customer service and i was responsible for all team tasks and rolling it between team members, i loaned to training department in 1st period of my work that supported my leadership skill a lot, as i was responsible for more than 5 new groups of agents , delivering them full info and handling skill to make them are ready to work under pressure. Then i transferred to be a quality specialist working with teammates monthly to reach highest level of excellent quality of information that delivered to our customers and finish all the new tasks from our management for new incentives.

Over all those years i discovered my skills and leadership skill in different places and situation that makes me can involve with a different types of personalities.

Looking forward to back after get my scholarship to lead people of my country for new ways of marketing and new channels to improve them skills.
Martson_Putra 2 / 5  
@Eso
Great, you have powerful leadership, but I think you have to explain more about the third paragraph. it is the focus on this essay, tell more about your ability and how to handle the problem that you have ever faced in your current job, and what the achievement.
Eso, this is not a usable essay for the leadership prompt. You cannot use the first 2 paragraphs because those all deal with childhood and academic leadership issues, which do not have any connection with your current profession and how you perform leadership and influencing requirements in the workplace. Deleting those 2 paragraphs will already leave you with 2 professional experiences at the end. Sadly, the work description you provide is that of a subordinate / assistant leader, in the first example, and as a member of a team in the next one. As an assistant leader, you showed limited skills in terms of taking charge because you were not really in charge of anything or anyone. You merely followed the instructions you were provided and assisted the newcomers based upon your training and guidebook. There is no sense of leadership development in that aspect because there was nothing to take responsibility for. You were a mere foot soldier in that instance. Then, in the team level, you do not make it clear if your capacity as a quality specialist meant that you were the leader of the team. From what I know of this position, it is not a leadership position in the "team" leader sense of the word. You belong to a different department. It seems to me that you need more guidance as to how to properly develop this essay. I plead with you to read the other examples of more appropriate leadership and influencing essays on this forum. The examples of those before you should help you create a more appropriate response to the prompt.

Home / Scholarship / 'I discovered my skills' - My Essay for the LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE QUESTION - Chevening scholarship