(Discuss Family or Personal Circumstance) - Scholarship Essay Topic

yoromori 3 / 10  
So the prompt is:

"How has a family or personal circumstance interfered with you attaining an achievement in school, work or your participation in school and community activities?"

...but I'm a little confused as to how I should go about addressing that question. I have an idea in mind, but it seems like answering the question as it is would leave a sort of gap..
2011bss 4 / 6  
well if i read the prompt, the first few things that come to my mind include a leg-injury which prevented me from participating in school sports or the dissolution of a 50-yr long family business and how it affected my education and in a way shaped my academic and career interests etc,

try to think of events that have affected you the most. Can you share your idea so I can be of more help to you?
OP yoromori 3 / 10  
I'm thinking more along the lines of things like my family's financial issues, but I feel like however I address the prompt, it might come off as sounding needy. I have about one third of my essay done, which talks solely about the issue itself, and so I'm confused as to how I would conclude the essay.
This is the part I notice: circumstance interfered with...

That is the target. Tell about the circumstances.

That is the challenge.

But what is your goal? Your goal is to meet the challenge in a way that shows your seriousness about your detailed plan for the next few years... and shows that money IS an issue that will affect your outcomes. Show that you have a plan and need help to make it happen. Show that you are reading all books and articles about your field of interest. That is what makes a scholar "deserving."

:-)

Home / Scholarship / (Discuss Family or Personal Circumstance) - Scholarship Essay Topic