Draft of personal statement for GKS / fashion design

maghfuria4951 1 / -  
If there any vocabulary that misplacement, or grammatical error, please leave your correction. I would glad to read that for my better essay🤗🤗🤗 thank u

PERSONAL STATEMENT
- motivation with you apply for this program
- family and education background
- significant experience you have hate, risks, achievement
- extraculicullar activities , Awards, publication, or skill.

Becoming a fashion designer and convection, who produces unisex clothing for indonesian teenagers, is my biggest dream. When I was in 5th grade of elementary school, I interested in European Haute Couture style, which was dominant with its luxury. As the time goes by, my interest in it has changed into the casual style. I found simething unique, namely the thin line of fashion stereotype of south korean people. When a woman and a man wear the same clothes, but don't lose their gender identity, that was very impressive for me. The concept became a reason why I dreamed of becoming a fashion designer.

Born in a fairly authoritarian family, I was brought up to be an independent and firm person. Since childhood, I have trained to live far form my parents. I learned to manage my lifestyle, develop study techniques, and find what my passion is. Although i'm such an independent person, sometimes I can change into an extremely strict one who won't to ask any help. That is because my mindset believes that people have their own capabilty to solve their own problem if they want to maxlimally use theirs.

I have known this scholarship since 2018. At that time, my father had sick and passed away, so I decided to look for fully funded scholarship. The more a know about GKS, the more I know about the uniqueness of the universities. I'm looking for their fashion project style that suits me best, and my choice points to Kyung Hee University, Ewha Womans Univertsity, and Daegu University. I think these 3 universities can provide the perfect knowledge about fashion and business so that I can apply it in the process of creating trends and starting my business in the future.

I am a person who excels in arts and linguistic, but weak in the exact fields. Therefore, when I was in high school, I choose to play role in the creating field. The subject that I excel in are Fine Arts, Indonesian, English, Arabic, and Religious Subjects. I also self-taught in learning Korean.

In the first year, I became a member of the Student Council Organization, and submitted to the Creative Media And Journalism Division in order of creating and publishing school's daily news. In the class, I acted as a Creative Director at every Annual Inter-Class Art & Culture Competision. Of course, by bringing the victories every year. Since my class didn't get clothing class for the skill field, I had taken a private sewing course. During the course, I learned how sewing in basic way, creating the patches such pocket, cuffs, etc, making basic patterns, and cutting fabrics. My activities during school are quite busy, so sometimes it interferes with my study time. But fortunately I was still able to maintain my achievments at school.

After graduating, I got offer for teaching at Emirates Islamic School. I handle the Tahfidzul Qur'an ( memorizing Quran) subject for the middle school and high school. besides teaching in school, I also have had start for private taeching for Qur'an and for english. A few months after that, I use my teaching salary as capital to buy sewing machine, and I started my own sewing service. That's where my sewing skills developed a lot.

The works I do are fairly random, but that's where I got my golden era. Because of that, my organizational, communication, and adaptability skills have improved tremendously. Not only taught me about the administrative management of the world of work, but the work experience also helped me to improve my manners. How my character, point of view, sympathy, and overall personality got better. I who tend to work alone, began to open up on teamwork and go beyond my limit in social. In addition, this hectic activity made me trained to manage my time.

For the achievements itself, I have won more in tahfidz competitions, because it is the most frequently held, especially for islamic-based school such as MAN 1 Lahat. For fine arts competitions, I won th 1st place at National Hero Sketching Competition held by this school in 2016. Then, I won the 3rd place in painting competition in 2018 held by the Region Military Command. Apart from Tahfidz and Fine Arts, I also won the 2nd place at speech contest in 2018, and won the 1st place at religious intelligent quiz competition in 2019. When I was a teacher, I brought my student that I mentored for winning the 1st place at Tahfidzul Qur'an Competition in May, 2021.

With these activities, I have gained a lot of experience and lessons from various fields I am enganged in. However, i'm still not satisfied if only work with my current skills. Therefore, I solidified my decision. Regardless of my financial, wether in a good or bad conditions, I want to go to college. It is not just to learn and keep the material subjects in my head, but also to deepen my knowledge, perfect my skills, and get more and better learning experience. With this scholarship, I believe that I can be a person who brings various innovations in fashion and can contribute in advancing indonesian economy gradually.
I have trained to live far form my parents.

Expand this discussion to offer evidence of your claim. You may use this part to discuss obstacles you had to overcome. Use a seperate paragraph the develop the presentation.

I have known this scholarship since 2018. At that time, my father had sick and passed away, so I decided to look for fully funded scholarship.

Delete due to irrelevance. You are perhaps the 50th student whose application I have read so far that uses this excuse / reason for the application. Itis a worn out reason the reviewer is no longer interested in reading about.

I excel in are

Discuss evidence of how you excelled in the subjects. The discussion must be supported by your grades transcript.

I interested in European Haute Couture style

Explain why and how your interest in fashion started first. Then proceed by connecting this with your interest in European coture and eventually, Korean fashion.

Home / Scholarship / Draft of personal statement for GKS / fashion design