"A dream without a goal is a wish. A Goal without a Plan is just a dream";Career

phantom27 1 / 1  
In 500 words or less, please describe your short-term and long-term personal and education/career goals and what has helped to shape your goals. What specific steps will you take to reach your personal/education/career goals?

Please read and help me make correction.

According to Larry Elder, " A dream without a goal is a wish. A Goal without a Plan is just a dream.." We have a dream and set goals, we know what we want and we work for it. As a young and enthusiastic student, I have many goals to reach. For short-term goals, I will study hard for "A" in my AP classes to help strengthen my GPA, and get my certificate to work at pharmacy. That's a job that I always want. On top of that, it helps building up some skills for my future career, as well as save up some money for a car, that way, I don't need to borrow my uncle's car every time I want to go out .

For long term goals I will go to San Jacinto College. My cousin was there. Although he want to be a dentist, we have same interested in Science courses such as Chemistry and Biochemistry. He could give me some tips and tricks to deal with college life. After two years, I'll transfer to University of Houston. It's one of the top school in Texas that has the Pre-Pharmacy Program. I will pursuing a Pharm.D. degree there, and become a pharmacist. Moreover as my mom advising me that I need a back up "plan" for my career, computer science will be a "plan B" for me. Although I am not desire a job to work with computer, still, mom know best. The job market in US is needing some coding technologist. Certainly, I won't be jobless. Because life is hard, it necessary to create a safe future for myself, and at the same time, focusing on the main goal, which becoming a pharmacist. It is a good job with a good salary; as long as people need medicine, I'm in safe zone. After a couple of years, I will own a pharmacy store myself in order to be financial stability; it is very necessary for me and my family. Then, I'll buy a house and have my own family. Having a happy marriage and bunch of smart kids is my plan, too. I will bring my kids back to Vietnam so they have a better understand about the country that I have grown up, also the addicting street food at night-market.

Although there should be many challenge waiting for me down the road. I always do my best like I did from years to years, and achieve my goal as I expected.

thank you
OP phantom27 1 / 1  
In 500 words or less, please describe how you plan to give back to your community and help fulfill the needs of your community after you've completed your education. How would your plan impact not only your immediate community, but also a broader one?

Everyone want to change our world and make it a better place. But before we want to change our world, let start with ourself first. Because if you do not feel happy with yourself, you will never feel truly happy, not satisfied with oneself will never bring happiness to others. Next, let bring happiness to our family. No one know what will happen tomorrow; I appreciate every moment I spent with them. I do my best to make them happy for all the time they stay beside me, give me all the advices and encouragement to finish my education. And to my Vietnamese-American friends, who was born in the United State, and don't feel like studying their mother language. I will show them more about our culture, the history of our country. I could spend all day telling them how hard our ancestor have been through to create and keep the language as well as our homeland longstanding.

I will joint a website about Vietnamese abroarder. In that site, I will share story about my life as well as some guidance, never forget about APIASF Scholarship Program (which I already share the information with all my friend in high school). Hopefully it might motivate the next generation to study hard, work harder, to make our parents and grandparents proud of us, for all their sacrificed is worth it.

And because we doing our best, we affecting people around us. They don't want to fall behind. They want to do their best, not only for themselves, but also to keep the "American dream" that inspiring people all over the world for hundred years. After that I will come back to Vietnam to meet my friends and relatives. I would want to be a good example of education that could change someones' destiny forever, as well as civilized our community like Nelson Mandela once said, "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
Chloemoon 3 / 5 1  
Although I am not (do not ) desire a job to work with computer, still, mom know(knows) (the)best.

Home / Scholarship / "A dream without a goal is a wish. A Goal without a Plan is just a dream";Career