Economic forecasts - briefly discussion of proposed research areas

myraniel 1 / -  
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings!

Can you help me with my essay? I am applying for an scholarship, they are asking to briefly discuss the proposed research areas. Here's my essay:

Forests are an important economic resource, it provides commercial and non-commercial or market and non-market outputs such as timber, hunting, recreation, water quality, carbon sequestration, grazing, non-game wildlife habitat, etc. (sfrc.ufl.edu/Class/FOR4541/Week%201-2.pdf). A problem in the forest resources scarcity is nowadays apparent in our country. Taking up Master of Science in Forestry majoring in Forest Resource Management and specializing in Forest Resource Economics will broaden my knowledge on how to address one of the issues our country is facing at. As a Research Assistant, I worked on three different research projects encompassing theoretical, analytical and field work that deals with the fields in resource economics, social development and GIS. I want to continue to develop myself by obtaining the degree to be an expert in this field.

I hope you can help me. Thank you!

Yours truly,
May
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
Er. so what kind of advice were you looking for?

If grammar, a few things, like keep plural w. plural verbs in sentence one. and also with sentence one, try to elaborate on those importance benefits of forests. maybe spread them into a few more sentences instead of a list, possibly saying what you believe is the most important, the more noteworthy, etc. That will make the sentence clearer and introduce why you want to follow forestry.

As a Research Assistant, I worked on three different research projects encompassing theoretical, analytical and field work that deals

that dealt* with

Maybe mention a little bit more what those fields that those research opportunities were about, how they are needed/important to you, etc

By the way, how brief a discussion do they want:?
Yes, I think Jon might have been talking about this number agreement problem:
Forests are important economic resources; they provide commercial and ...

Also, here is another correction:
Problems associated with forest resource scarcity are nowadays apparent in our country.

Taking up Master of Science in Forestry majoring in Forest Resource Management and specializing in Forest Resource Economics will broaden my knowledge about how to address one of the issues our country is facing at (name specific issues:...how to address issues such as _______, _____, and ______.

As a Research Assistant, I worked on three different research projects encompassing theoretical, analytical and field work that dealt with the fields in resource economics, social development and GIS. I want to ...

Okay, but you need to discuss specific research ideas. For example, you can use qualitative research to find out what would motivate stakeholders to take action and conserve resources. You can use quantitative methods to produce statistics about important aspects of conservation. Read some research articles, and think about how they designed their projects. Propose a few projects you would like to do, such as case studies, surveys, and so forth.

:-)

Home / Scholarship / Economic forecasts - briefly discussion of proposed research areas