Education and training - I have bachelor in Pharmacy from Damascus University, Faculty of Pharmacy

samahm 1 / 1  
I have bachelor in Pharmacy from Damascus University, Faculty of Pharmacy; I got my bachelor degree within five years, which is the least period for this degree. In the fifth year, there were three specializations; industrial, pharmacological and laboratorial, I chose the laboratory preparing myself for the master.

After graduation, I worked as assistance pharmacist, right after that I started the master in laboratory diagnosis that contains two years of lectures and exams had been passed successfully, and after that, I started my master research under the title "Study of Vitamin D Receptor Polymorphism in Type 1 Diabetes". I got an honor degree for my research with 95,66%, that makes me finish the master with a 82% average according to the faculty rules. During this period in master, I trained in AL-Assad university hospital as a part of courses, I also worked in private diagnostic laboratory, after that had to move so I left that work and worked as scientific translator for private office in the college. After finishing the master, I have started teaching practical sessions in Faculty of pharmacy, Damascus. I teach microbiological pharmacology for a semester and then molecular biology for a semester.
Samah, I am wondering what the prompt is for your scholarship application? There is nothing in your essay that makes a direct reference to the normal requirements of a scholarship app such as your need for financial assistance, your current sources of income, and how the scholarship can help you with your studies. Without any actual idea of what the prompt requires you to answer, I cannot give a proper review and comments about your essay. Kindly provide us with the necessary prompt information so that we can better formulate our advice for you :-) Don't forget to tell us the name of the scholarship so that we can also base our advice on the scholarship requirements for its applicants.
OP samahm 1 / 1  
sorry, it is my fault. This essay is not a motivation letter, it is for the electronic application. What required in this field is:
give a brief summary of your education and training at the university and/or college. If your education has been interrupted, or if you have obtained other diplomas. Please specify the occupation(s) you have pursued in the interim
Sama, let me try and fix this up for you. Don't worry, your statement meets all the prompt requirements :-) See if this version works for you:

I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from Damascus University where I attended the complete course over 5 years, a record for a student at the university since the course takes longer than that to complete for most students. When it came to my choice of specializations, I chose to go with Laboratory because I wanted to prepare myself for masters degree studies.

Upon graduation, I came to work as an assistant pharmacist. I immediately enrolled in masters courses concentrating on laboratory and diagnosis after landing my first job. My master research was on the topic of "Study of Vitamin D Receptor Polymorphism in Type 1 Diabetes", which earned me an honor degree in the field of research. I graduated from my masters courses with an 82 % average while training at the Al-Assad University Hospital as well.

My work experience includes working at a private diagnostic laboratory, scientific translator for a private office, and as a teacher teaching practical sessions in the Faculty of Pharmacy at Damascus specializing in Microbiological Pharmacology and Molecular Biology for a semester each.

You have two choices, you can either use this statement in its entirety or you can use it as a template to further improve your current one. Whichever method you choose, I will be here to lend an assist if you need it :-)

Home / Scholarship / Education and training - I have bachelor in Pharmacy from Damascus University, Faculty of Pharmacy