Endeavour Scholarship - writing about proposed program, host organisation, etc.

mcam 1 / -  
Please summarise, in words that can be understood by a person outside your field, details of your proposed program, why you chose your proposed host organisation and what your proposed program is intended to achieve. Also provide details, including proposed dates and locations of any proposed fieldwork and/or internships. (300 words)

Master of Business program

My proposed program is Master of Business and I intend to pursue it at The University of Queensland. This program is designed for people aspiring roles or seeking formal qualifications in business management. It is also suitable for those seeking senior management positions within the field of entrepreneurship, human resource management, international business, marketing, industrial relations officer, business analyst, employee relations officer, management consultant, public sector management, or sustainability. This course provides the opportunity to specialise in two fields of study or select additional research electives, thus equipping the student with relevant knowledge to jumpstart or advance the chosen career. My preferences in this program are Marketing, Leadership and Human Resources.

In 2014 I received a scholarship from the Brazilian government to study in Australia at the University of Queensland, where I studied for a year and a half and had a great academic, social and cultural experience. The university is top 4 in Australia and has an outstanding structure and professors who are highly qualified in the subjects covered by the program. I strongly believe that by participating in this program at UQ I will enhance my knowledge and capabilities as a potential manager and create networking with many other students and professionals.

While I was studying in Australia I had the opportunity to work at Komatsu Company as an intern. There, I worked with the HR Director and the Operations Manager. I still keep in touch with them and they have already offered help in finding internships and jobs if I go back to Australia, My plan is to look for an internship as soon as I start my program in order to increase my productivity and expertise in the field and put in practise what I learn during my courses.

Could you give me any feed back?

Thanks
Maria, you are being required to present a study plan for your time as a masters degree student in Australia. What you presented is a background of your academic and professional information. That is not what is required. What you have to present is information about your future studies. Present the name of the university you will be studying in, the masters degree you are going to be pursuing, and then discuss the reasons why you are interested in this course. What is your dissertation project all about? How does that connect to your current profession and how you hope to apply the new information that you will be acquiring in your place of work. More importantly, you need to present a training plan for yourself that involves either an apprenticeship or an internship at a (university endorsed) company where you can gain practical training after the theoretical knowledge you will gain at the university. The essay is not asking about your past, it is all about your future plans and forward thinking in terms of your career. How does this educational path apply to that? Answer these questions and your essay will fall in line with the expected prompt information.

Home / Scholarship / Endeavour Scholarship - writing about proposed program, host organisation, etc.