My Engineering & Construction Experience for Scholarship Essay Purpose

ansufw 1 / -  
It's almost a week I left Palembang city. Since my arrival in last January 26th till April 3th for supporting the infrastructure project called LRT (Light Rail Transit) Palembang as preparation for the city which is famous with Ampera Bridge built in Netherlands colonial age, to be host of SEA Games 2008.

Being a part of local government project, it is a proud of me. Because the project is also a part of national government planning on Indonesian President, Joko Widodo. The project should be accomplished as quickly as possible, otherwise it will be late to be use in SEA Games 2018. Besides using for SEA Games' Icon, the LRT also can be used as a future transportation of Palembang's society that is denser time by time.

LRT Palembang is planned to connect 13 station with rail path length amount 24.5 kilometers from Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II Airport to Sriwijaya Stadium Sports, Jakabaring. The LRT divided into 6 zone. Zone I, II, III, IV, V and zone special namely Ampera zone located between zone V and IV, which connect both side of Musi River next to Ampera Bridge.

The project is owned by Minister of Transportation and handled by Waskita Karya as general contractor. From general contractor divided into several duties which are carried away by some sub-contractors including my ex. Company which has responsibility in erection of girder, the one of material in LRT system that become a base of rail system. I have seen three type of girder i.e. concrete girder, steel box girder, and steel bridge girder.

Even tough, I was only 2 months in there, I have prepared the project 3 months before in Head Office, Jakarta, before my arrival in Palembang. I was a part of engineering team which concern in preparing the method of erection steel bridge girder, especially in zona Ampera. And I became person in charge in drawing the method from unloading, assembly, until erection process.

However, after I delegated to field as site engineer in order to support the construction team. I realize that not all the drawing we have created can be implemented. Because many factors on site that we could not consider before such as obstacle, coordination, and actual condition. So that I and construction team have to improve the way of unloading and assembling girder. I have made many site revision of drawing for rigging method of girder because of actual condition on site is not relevant from the drawing.

My contract is ended in the end of April but I propose to end earlier for preparing scholarship. It is my pleasure for me was a part both of team engineering and team construction, so that I can learn the important of communication between them and learn about the improvisation from engineering concept to actual construction.
Ananto, your essay is extremely difficult to read sure to the horrible English sentence structure and development. Collectively, the essay doesn't make sense. The logic of your sentences are difficult to even guess because you didn't provide the complete essay prompt you are being asked to respond to. You use the term "because" to start a sentence which makes it grammatically wrong because that means you are starting a sentence in the middle, via that connecting word. I can't even begin to pick out the problems of your essay because there are just too many to point out. What I'm sure of, is that you are using a horrible online translation software to write your essay, which is why it was written in such an incomprehensible manner. You need to write this essay in your own English words and provide the prompt for it so that it can be reviewed properly and advice for its improvement can be provided. List this as an urgent essay so that I can continue to help you fix it and make it an understandable piece of writing in relation to your application.

Home / Scholarship / My Engineering & Construction Experience for Scholarship Essay Purpose