English and Arabic "no reason for my existence" Adversities Essay Prompt ( CRITIQUES)

blueboy1 1 / 1  
I would like criticism on my work and any suggestions on improvement would be helpful. Thank you so much

Explain the stated adversities and how they motivated you to pursue and complete a college degree in 50-300 words
STATED ADVERSITIES:
I was forced as a child to learn both English and Arabic, so that I may translate technical information for my parents and gain knowledge about technology at a young age so I can assist them with their workload and keep them accurately informed of any dependent issues. It's necessary for me to be a role model for my younger brother through our life situation and assist my mother through her health issues, donating a lot of time to my family. I deal with massive weight on my shoulders, because I can never let my guard down with people looking up to me as a role model of success.

EXPLANATION:
Being born, I had no reason for my existence, but as I grew up I realized, from all the responsibilities I had to address, I matured at a very young age for my family. I grew up having two languages being crammed into my head and simultaneously adapting myself to technologies I had been so unfamiliar with. While children my age were watching TV and playing with toys, I was setting up my family's computer and figuring out what the names on their prescription medicines meant.

One summer when I was 7, a representative from GATE, an accelerated academic program, called urging my parents to take advantage of my new found intelligence by placing me into their program. Since my exposure to the world was limited, my parents had no interest placing in any program and stated their rejection to the proposal. What I didn't understand, until I grew up, was why I began crying when I remember so vividly my parents hanging up the phone on a golden opportunity such as that. I realized I wanted to be involved in something much different than the confinement I grew up so comfortable with, and succeed.

Entering high school, I dealt with more responsibilities than many other students. I was the primary care taker for my disabled mother and role model of success to my brother, because to him, I appeared to balance school and life efficiently. I was his spark of motivation because of the preparedness I displayed to him, and with a college degree I could provide my brother lasting hope to succeed and my mother, will to keep on living. I want to pursue and complete a college degree in computer science to become an image of success for my family and prove my strength to overcome adversities.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
I was forced as a child to learn both English and Arabic, so that I mayIN ORDER TO translate technical information for my parents and gain knowledge about technology at a young age so I canTO assist them with their workload and keep them accurately informed of any dependent issues.

One summer when I was 7, a representative from GATE, an accelerated academic program, called urging my parents to take advantage of my new found intelligence by placing me into their program. Since my exposure to the world was limited, my parents had no interest placing me in any program and stated their rejection to the proposal. What I didn't understand until I grew up, was why I began crying when I remember so vividly my parents hanging up the phone on a golden opportunity such as that. I realized I wanted to be involved in something much differentother than the confinement I grew up so comfortable with, and succeed.

SUCCEED IN WHAT? ASIDE FROM SUCCESS AS A ROLE MODEL TO YOUR BROTHER DEMONSTRATING STRENGTH TO OVERCOME ADVERSITY, WHAT KIND OF SUCCESS DO YOU DREAM OF ACHIEVING AS A COMPUTER SCIENTIST?
...so that I may could translate technical information for my parents and gain knowledge about technology at a young age. I can assisted them with their workload and kept them accurately informed of any dependent ongoing issues.

Being born, I had no reason for my existence, but as I grew up I realized, from all the responsibilities I had to address, I matured at a very young age for my family.---I like this...

I grew up having two languages being crammed into my head and simultaneously adapting myself to technologies I had been so unfamiliar with.--- very impressive!

Let's do this, though:
I grew up having two languages being crammed into my head and simultaneously adapting myself to technologies so unfamiliar to me.

:-)
OP blueboy1 1 / 1  
ok so that was my adversity essay i had to quick write..Im proud of myself

Home / Scholarship / English and Arabic "no reason for my existence" Adversities Essay Prompt ( CRITIQUES)