English Language and Choosing Korea - KGSP.. personal statement

Eliana 1 / 1  

grabbing my opportunity

Let me introduce myself. My name is XXX from Jordan. I'm 23 years old. My major was English Language & Literature at XXXX University and I graduated with an average of "Excellent".

I was motivated when I read about the KGS program for so many reasons. First, It's going to be an extraordinary chance for me to study in Korea, because I have always been impressed by the Korean commitment for studying and working. Second, It's going to be interesting to share cultural habits and language with the Korean community. Finally, Korea is well-known for its education, which it has the best education systems in the world, and it's going to be challenging and interesting to study in one of the Korean Universities.

After almost a year of studying English at the University, I was interested the language in general and literature in specific. I started to get motivation to achieve more and more and for that I started to spend more hours in studying, reading, doing researches about the curriculums and scheduling my day so I can benefit of every hour in it to study or to achieve something. I used to spend 6-8 hours daily to study, doing homework and prepare for classes. And I started to feel passionate about life, loving it and trying it to enjoy it to the max.

During my experience as a substitute teacher, I acquired many professional and personal skills. Such as knowing the different abilities for students and how to let them receive the proper information in an easier way. I'm working now as a private teacher for students in both gender and in different age range. I'm also working a part-time job as an artist. I do customize orders and I paint in Oil colures. I participated in two art galleries in Irbid and I paint because it makes me feel so happy and peaceful.

Choosing Korea as my first and only choice to experience travelling and taking my Master's degree is due to their visible rapid development throughout the years, having a system and rules to follow, their interesting and fascinating culture that I want to see up-close and for their technology interfering with everything in life. Also, Korea is known for their delicious and spicy food and stunning scenery. And above all, their people are so kind and welcoming to their international peers specially among teenagers. As I experience friendship with some of the Korean people in Jordan, I can tell about how humble, friendly and respectful they were with our community. They respected our culture and traditions .And they were full of joy and happiness. I also encountered with a native Korean teacher at XXX University, as he was helping me in preparing for the "Korean Speech Contest", that held in 2016, at the Jordan University. He was friendly and welcoming every student to learn the language. He used to help me in memorizing the text, correcting the way of pronunciation and encouraging me to be confident. I'm thrilled to see the Korean culture deeply because Korea is an inspiring country.

I believe I possess the perfect skills needed to perform the maximum effort in Korea. Though it's going to be challenging to leave the comfort of my native country to attain an MBA in Korea, but I'll be able to efficiently prove my ability to learn to work in Korea, knowing I'll be presenting Jordanian's people and culture. As an international student, I'm willing to be an active person in term of studying and working, ready to incorporate with the Korean society and to learn. I'm a multi-tasking person , I can achieve many things in a short period of time. I'm very friendly and open ,as I have friends from Korea, China, Belgium, and many other countries from around the world. I'm a positive energy giver, as I have been told by many of my friends, colleagues and Doctors. I'm a good listener and hard-working student. I spent most of my time studying and working. I used to spend many hours per day to study and read. The most important thing in my life that I'm always looking forward to is my knowledge. Knowledge is like a never-ending ocean that you need time to explore. I'm a very creative person. When I get enroll in the Korean University , I'm going to combine the two languages together, by seeing the similarities and the difference between both of these two languages and to make it much more easier for anyone whose interested in learning both of these languages as a second language.

My mother once told me " Life gives you one opportunity, if you were smart you will grab it in your both hands and teeth" and I'm willing to grab my opportunity in both my hands and teeth.
Iscoo 1 / 3  
Overall a great essay, but you should really put your focus on why KGSP, what can you provide and improve yourself, how it correlates to your valid motivation and what you aim to pursue etc.
Eliana, this is an over discussed essay. You do not really need to write a new essay. You just have to go back and review the prompt discussion topics. From there, pick out the relevant sentences and paragraphs from this current essay, splice these information together, and create a totally new essay. You may want to cut down on the information regarding your professional background though. Then better represent what your undergraduate course was and how your academic career looked at the time.

I think that I can better help you by pointing you in the right paragraph editing direction. You may use the following paragraph numbers as reference points 1,2,3,4. Every paragraph has at least 2 sentences that can help you launch into a revised essay presentation. Just keep track of the prompt requirements and look for direct responses that you wrote in every paragraph. Improve upon the choppy presentation resulting from the bits and pieces of relevant sentences taken from different paragraphs to make it a smooth and informative essay. You don't have to write everything from scratch.
OP Eliana 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for this deep contribution,I will take every notice in mind and I will change it .. thanks again

Home / Scholarship / English Language and Choosing Korea - KGSP.. personal statement