English teacher - TESOL and the prospect for my future career (AAS)

DA786 4 / 7 1  

How will the proposed study contribute to your career?

1993/2000 chars

I want to be an English teacher as my new career path, furthermore to be ESP expertise in the future. Currently, I am working as a Document Specialist at a foreign company and I successfully brought this project achieved every milestone in all phases.

The fall-off Indonesian economy during this Covid-19 outbreak pushes the government to create a policy for upgrading the workforce competencies. Regarding the expanded investment by a foreign company, The Ministry of Manpower launched a job training program to meet supply and demand in the labor sector. The program called Triple Skilling focuses on providing hard skills training but without foreign language training. I could assist this program by teaching ESP in a training class held in the local training center. Hopefully, conducting a proper ESP syllabus will help them to understand work procedure instructions and operating the machine properly. Good equipment knowledge will help the company to save the maintenance budget, accelerate the production, prolongs tool life, and also protect the worker from a work accident. The demand for skilled technician labor and good communication in English for foreign company is increasing due to this reason.

Getting MA credentials will benefit me to open opportunities and gain the trust to teach in training center especially the class proposed for adults and professionals. TESOL Master study would earn me a strong basic theory on what methods of teaching students might work best and how to handle the classroom. As I wish to pursue an academic career, Tesol's study will help me to gain a strong theoretical and practical foundation in the field of TESOL. The study covers a broad range of topics within the area of applied linguistics. It helps me to profound language acquisition, strengthen the basis of teaching methods, give the knowledge to research to develop a syllabus, teaching assessment, and evaluation. As a long-term result, hopefully, I could be an ESP expertise that Indonesia can rely on.
Delete the confusing first paragraph of this presentation. Bring the last paragraph up to the first paragraph place. That will create a more logical and understandable discussion of your career goals to the reviewer. You have to explain how the course will help you advance your career. You can do that by using the content of the current last paragraph.

Omit the Covid - 19 reference in the second paragraph. There is no relevance between Covid-19 and your career plans. You are only using it as the most common foundation of advanced studies, which should not be used when it is irrelevant to the discussion. Since you are not a healthcare professional, the mention of Covid-19 does not help your explanation. Start from the investment program of Indonesia instead. Make a general reference to the skills development requirement that will make you an in-demand expert upon your return. That will help to better explain how the studies will be relevant and necessary to your future career plans.
OscarPangestu 4 / 9 1  
Hi DA, I think you should pay more attention to the correct word and grammar as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't it be ESP expert instead of expertise?

Also in these sentences "... Covid-19 outbreak pushes the government ... The demand ... is increasing due ... " you should have used "has pushed" and "has been increasing".

Regards
OP DA786 4 / 7 1  
thank you, Oscar. I just delete the phrase because it is little bit confusing.

Home / Scholarship / English teacher - TESOL and the prospect for my future career (AAS)