I enjoy Math; GMS essay 1- Best Subject

bruckw1 1 / -  
For some reason, math has always come naturally to me. Ever since I was a little kid in kindergarten learning the basic principles of mathematics, adding and subtracting, or in 3rd grade winning multiplication contests in my class, math has never given me trouble. As I've gotten older and finally on the cusp of starting my journey in college, I've realized that math is my strong suite and I plan to take it as far as it can take me.

What I enjoy about math so much is how challenging it is, whenever you feel as if you've mastered a problem or an equation there is always another more rigorous step awaiting you and you have to use the steps you've learned beforehand in order to progress through the next step and get your answer. It reminds me of how life works in that once you go through a struggle and finally get out of it there is always another much tougher challenge waiting for you and you have to use the lessons you have learned in life to get through them.

I believe what makes me so successful in math is that I am a very analytical person and I am very curious of my surroundings and how things work. Whenever I am doing something, there is always a lot going on in my head. Even when I am sitting at home doing nothing I am always thinking or asking questions in my head, weather it is something as simple as "what makes our hands move" or as complicated as "what if life never existed". This attribute not only helps me in math but also in everyday life. For example I am not the most athletic person on the soccer team so instead of trying to use my speed or athleticism I try to outsmart people and use proper technique in order to gain an advantage.

I in vision someday my abilities in math will lead me through college and graduate school and hopefully one day get a degree in engineering, where I can have a career working with math every day.
jmr213 2 / 2  
There are some grammatical and spelling errors, as well as 2 or 3 run-on sentences. Be careful with those. Perhaps include how your passions for math can be seen outside of school.

Home / Scholarship / I enjoy Math; GMS essay 1- Best Subject