Enterprise Resource Planning manager - solving a challenge and to implementing change or reform

SukhErdene 2 / 2 1  

implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) system

How have you contributed to solving a challenge and to implementing change or reform?
(Be specific and include: what aspect/s of your leadership knowledge, skills and practice you consider to be well established and effective; which people or organizations you worked with to solve the problem; and what creative methods were used.)

Somehow, as the project manager for the implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) system in *** LLC, one of the biggest distribution company of ***, I ran into the problem that the deadlines for submitting financial reports had come, but not all data entered into the system and did not seem possible verify and manage to submit the reports on time from the system.

However, the problem was partly was caused by sabotage of accounting staff, partly by errors in the implementation of the system, the financial department presented their evidence of our team's fault and even proposed to cancel the project at meeting at the level of the chairman of the board of this company. I tried to keep calm in this situation and to think about the problem in general. Not as the problem of implementing the system, not as the problem of the financial department, but the problem literally as it was declared - to submit reliable reports on time. In other words, tried to solve a problem using the Gestalt approach, which is to consider the problem not separately but to reformulate, restructure it, considering it as a whole.

Having listened to all the arguments and having waited my turn, I proposed to solve this problem now by inviting an audit company with a bunch of operators to write paper reports. Although everyone initially believed that this was not possible, I asked them to forget what happened but to analyze the current situation correctly. After hours of discussion, all agreed to prepare paper reports and finally managed to convince them to make a bold decision.

This decision made it possible to submit the reports on time, verify data for entering the initial balances into the system, and finally launch successfully a new system. I sincerely believe that my effective analysis of the situation and offering the right solution and convincing others why this is the best way to overcome a challenge helped all of us successfully close the project.
The main problem with the situation you posed in this essay is that it is too common a problem among offices. The problem of submitting reports on time are usually referred to by most applicants. So this is one topic that the reviewer is already tired of reading about. There is no real challenge to overcome anymore in relation to this presentation. You may want to consider a more serious problem that, although backroom related, can be considered a more serious and uncommon problem that office leaders have to deal with. The presentation is not interesting enough. There is not enough problem solving presented to make this a situation worthy of note to the reviewer. I will leave you with two choices for your essay : (1) Try to add information to this presentation that will make it more interesting and memorable to the reviewer or (2) change the total essay. Use a more interesting situation that could highlight your advanced problem solving skills instead.

Home / Scholarship / Enterprise Resource Planning manager - solving a challenge and to implementing change or reform