"The environment is no one's property to destroy..." personal statement essay

albayyinahp1304 1 / -  

personal statement

"The environment is no one's property to destroy, it's everyone's responsibility to protect." - Mohith Agadi. The environmental issue is our responsibility, especially for millennials and Z generations. As a member of my generation, I want to be more active in environmental improvements for a better future. My work and organizational experiences have educated me to be more sensitive to my surroundings. During my study of Civil Engineering in college, I started to build my interest in several subjects like environmental impact, resource and construction management. Since the environmental problem gets worse every year, I want to enhance my knowledge about the reasons for current bad environmental management. So, I choose Environmental Engineering as a major to continue my master's study. I have attended a seminar that talked about the environmental crisis, climate change, and the solution. Various environmental devastation cases are mostly caused by human ignorance, making me even more convinced that our earth needs special treatment so it will not get worse. Deforestation, waste disposal, air pollution, and other pollution are part of the environmental crises that happen.

One of the unique environmental handlings in South Korea is waste management. South Korea has strict regulations on waste management and any type of waste which must sort by every Korean people. They changed their thought about waste and the government was successfully doing this in less than 10 years. Otherwise in Indonesia, waste management is a problem that has not been optimally resolved. Base on Indonesia National Plastic Action Partnership's data on April 2020, Indonesia produces 67,2 tons million waste and still pilling up every year. So, Director of Waste Management, Indonesian Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Norizal Tahar said there are 3 main issues on waste management in Indonesia is that people's behavior, much plastics waste every day, and lack of local government to build better waste management. We have seen that waste is a trivial problem but can make a big impact on our environment today. So, Indonesia has a target to solve the waste problem as soon as possible. Whereas South Korea is one of the best countries which has a waste management system, and Korean people care about the environment, I am so interested to learn about it that South Korea Government do.

My family taught me to put forward education and religion. We are certain that environmental protection is so important and a part of it. As civil engineering, I feel the importance of time management, activity effectiveness, and environmental condition. So I have to do my best to prepare for this Master's study along with the goals that I will achieve in the future. Being a part of a community and organization is the way can upgrade myself. I was a part of the Spiritual Bureau Civil Engineering Student Association during college, after I graduate I joined in #YukNgaji community from 2017 until 2019 and Back to Muslim Identity Community from 2019 until now. These communities are religious communities to young people. In there, we implement many activities like discuss, seminar and assessment of people problems including environmental problems. As a leader in that community, taught me to appreciate the different ideas of every person. Learn be a place for everyone when they need some help or want to discuss some problem. So pleasure when they feel motivated over my suggestion.

I am considered a leader and a good listener in my job or community. This makes me get an important position in that situation. Although in some conditions so hard for me to control my emotion, but they believe in me and I have responsibility for that, so I carry out the job well. Working at once takes more activities from community and organization, push me to reduce my leisure because of full activity. However, I do not regret the choices. These opportunities make me learn many things, meet new people and train me to be consistent for what I choose. I am sure studying in South Korea with a different culture will teach me to understand the different cultures of other countries and upgrade my knowledge to contribute to Indonesia or another country on managing the environmental crises. Adaptation to a new country is not easy, but I am certain with learning about language, cultures and South Korean society can help me faster to adapt there. Therefore for me, GKS is the best choice for my study master of Environmental Engineering and will be amazing if Indonesia can implement South Korea's environmental management system and it will give a good impact on Korean-Indonesian cooperation.
The environment is no one's property to destroy, it's everyone's responsibility to protect." - Mohith Agadi.

You do not need the words of others to impress your ideology regarding the environment upon the reviewer. Use your own words to explain what you believe, what you want to do, and why it is important to you. Using the words of other people lessens your image as an applicant in the reviewer's eyes because you cannot explain your ideology on a personal level.

One of the unique environmental handlings in South Korea ...than 10 years.

Do not discuss Korea's accomplishments to the reviewer. Instead, merge that accomplishment with your plans for your own country. Take inspiration for your motivation from it, but do not mention it as a direct part of your motivation. Discuss the waste management problem in your country, then relate a Korean solution to it as what you want to learn about. Do not lecture, instead, develop a picture of your solution to your country's problems based on the Korean reference. Commonalities and differences will help in developing your idea.

Home / Scholarship / "The environment is no one's property to destroy..." personal statement essay