Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

I excelled in AP Bio and AP Chem' - Gates millenium scholarship

nico246810 1 / -  
Discuss the subjects in which you excel or have excelled. To what factors do you attribute your success?

As the poet Horace once said, "Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant". For me, in life challenges come no to bring you down but to make you gain experience. This is the reason why throughout my high school years i chose many rigorous courses. The ones which I excelled the most were AP Bio and AP Chem. In this courses I learned that you can only achieve what you want if you have dedication and perseverance. The main factors that have helped me achieve all of my goals, have been my parents, since they have always been there to support me and give me everything I need, and my school, which have taught me numerous things about other people.

My parents here in America have been going through many struggles to give me everything I need to become a person of honor in life. I overcame all my hardships in my life so far, so I know that there is no obstacle large enough to keep me from following my dreams and to keep me from being an excellent student.I have learned through my family and through God that one should always work hard for what one wants.

Throughout my life my stepdad has taught me how to be a leader, he always been giving me his wise advice, supporting me in my education, teaching me how to work hard for the things that I want in life, and showing me how to never give up on what I believe in. It is this perseverance and dedication that taught me to never give up on my dreams the factors that have helped me excelled in my academic achievements.

Another factor that has helped me in this courses have been my teachers. Dr Rodseth for AP Chemistry and Mr Arico for Biology were dedicated teachers, always teaching the subject in the most practical way. Mr Arico always made tutoring sessions every tuesdays and thursdays, which really helped comprehend the material and more and get prepared for the AP exam. Dr. Rodseth also helped by staying after school, almost everyday offering help for anyone that needed it, when I stayed I used to practice many problems and ask her for help in the chemistry problems that I did not understand, and she always gladly helped.

Home / Scholarship / I excelled in AP Bio and AP Chem' - Gates millenium scholarship