Expected skills and knowledge from proposed study (New Zealand Study)

adix 1 / -  
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION

Please help me for my essay
Is it great already to win scholarship?

Question 1
What skills and knowledge do you hope to gain from your proposed study? (max. 250 words)

to understand, study and prosper in new zealand

I have worked voluntarily as Consultant for Export at Asosiasi UKM Mutiara Timur (The Association of Mutiara Timur SME) in Makassar. The members of the association are local small medium entrepreneurs having range of commodities or products. As the association's consultant, I hope to gain advanced skills and knowledge in international marketing strategy & plan especially in a digital way as a part of technology intervention in doing proper business strategies, analyzing or understanding markets and consumers' behavior overseas, pricing and costing, designing product packaging that attracts the market, and effective communication & relationship management in multicultural contexts.

Therefore, I am applying for Master of Marketing at University of Auckland as my option one and Master of Marketing at Auckland University of Technology after doing deep research about the courses and subjects offered by these institutions which are closely in line with my expected study objective as stated above.

By studying in New Zealand, I also hope to gain more understanding about some of their daily business languages & cultures. Sometimes we need to understand and adjust with buyers' local customs in doing business starting from marketing stage, negotiation, until closing deal stage.

Furthermore, I need to create good networking with people, especially the entrepreneurs in New Zealand as those people might become potential buyers of our commodities or products.

Last but not least I need to identify and find out list of commodities that are highly demanded in New Zealand.
desmarnov , do not lump your skills and knowledge development for the two universities in one presentation. Since there are different course curriculums for the two course offerings, your expectations for the two masters courses cannot be the same. You need to make sure that you present specific information that applies directly to each course you have chosen to present. That way, you prove to the reviewer that you have spent a considerable amount of time studying the course offerings of both universities in relation to the problem points that you wish to address in your workplace. The last line of your essay feels incomplete. There needs to be more of a discussion development as to the relevance of the list of commodities in New Zealand in relation to your line of study. You can't just throw that in there without a solid explanation backing it up. Needless to say, the essay requires a full revision in order to properly strengthen and create a more informed presentation to the reviewer. That would be the best way to strengthen your chances of being accepted into the program.

Home / Scholarship / Expected skills and knowledge from proposed study (New Zealand Study)