"the experience of applying numbers to solve problems" subjects have you excelled in?

jemeshay 3 / 8  
What subjects have you excelled in? What contributed to those factors of you excelling?

Every day I go to school I look forward going to Math class because I love the experience of applying numbers to solve problems. I love watching how one simple equation can be solved with so many numbers. My favorite subject of math always seems to be Implicit Differentiation. I love going through the motions of every step, considering the fact that would have apply multiple rules to reach a solution, I enjoy evolving an answer out of an equation. My teacher Ms. Yasin is always there to correct me if I'm wrong, however, most of the time I am always right. She says she always favored my enthusiasm for this subject instead of my peers because of simple gestures like always raising my hand first or asking a thousand questions for one problem. Many time my teacher ask me why do I love math so much, and most of the time I can't explain, I just believe math comes natural to me.

Ever since I was a young girl, my favorite subject has been math, even when I went through my hardest subject of math, fractions. It was 3rd grade in Ms. Simpson class. I couldn't understand the concept of fractions. And usually I can grasp a subject as quick as anyone in the class. But this subject in particular was so confusing because of how it had one number on top of a line and one on the bottom. So one day my teacher and I decided to create a game called, "Match me up' where I would find a common denominator of each number and use common factors to replace larger numbers. At first I was catching on slowly, but after a couple of exercises with the game, I became a fraction whiz. I started knowing how to do everything with fractions. I knew how to multiply, divide, add, subtract and even convert fractions into percent's. After while people begin depending on my assistance for math and I became the best math student in the class and received the Best Student Award in math for 3rd grade. My interest in math continued to follow me through the rest of my elementary and junior high school years, where I was able to receive the Best Student Award in math.

Currently, I hold the highest average in my math class because of my overwhelming nature of math. All of the math teachers I have had in my life show the same responsive and exciting teaching styles that keep me craving for more math. I believe the blend of the great teachers I've had and my nature of loving math, has always allowed me to excel in every math class I have had. And every day I plan to remain to keep the same focus and striving spirit for math.
poweralex2305 1 / 2  
Many times my teacher asksor asked/ me why do I love math so much... .
And usually I can grasp a subject at least as quick as anyone in the class.
After while people bega n depending on my assistance for math and I became the best math student in the class and received the Best Student Award in math for 3rd grade.

This is a long sentence, I would split it to: After while people began depending on my assistance for math. Later that year,and I became the best math student in the class and received the Best Student Award. in math for 3rd grade

I believe the blend of the great teachers I've had and my nature of loving math, had always allowed me to excel in every math class I have had (I am not sure on those 2 corrections but I do think it's right). Finally, I plan on maintaining and improving my math skills for many years to come .

Very good essay, I like you life experiences samples and how you talked about challenges you faced and overcame, makes the reader see your character succeed.

Home / Scholarship / "the experience of applying numbers to solve problems" subjects have you excelled in?