Explain how you build and maintain relationships in a professional capacity, using clear examples

Uroojaayy 1 / -  
Hi everyone and especially miss @holt. Kindly review my essay for the following subject. I'll be very thankful.

Relationship- Building and Shared Learning Essay

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong professional relationship-building skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Please explain how you build and maintain relationships in a professional capacity, using clear examples of how you currently do this, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future. (minimum word count: 100 words; maximum word count: 500 words).

Apart from the internship experiences, I started my professional journey in the Piling construction sector of Pakistan at Atlas Pakistan (Pvt.) Limited in 2019. The nature of my job brought me in contact with numerous influential personalities and since my adolescent days, I was a firm believer of the saying 'a journey of thousand miles starts from a single step' so it was instilled in my mind that work-life relationships are important and surely plays a vital role in shared learning and building an empire that can have the potential to lead me towards the desired success.

If I take a brief look at my professional journey, I have made many long-lasting relationships out of which some proved out to be beneficial at the time of need. Back at the start of March 2020, a friend of a friend got in touch with me to take some professional help regarding the quantity take-off of sub-structures, Later in June 2020, Atlas Pakistan (Pvt.) Limited grabbed a project of shoring and foundation piling works worth billions of Pakistani Rupees (PKR) by Emaar Giga Limited, that particular friend of a friend was an employee at the consultancy company that was hired by the client Emaar Giga Limited to monitor the quality of drilled piles by Atlas Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd. It was my first ever mega project as the 'Project Engineer' and many aspects of the construction industry were still new to me, but since I was good enough in making and maintaining a healthy professional relationship with that particular friend of a friend, he came forward and helped me in guiding and understanding various procedures as per the regulations for the construction of foundation piles that eventually served as a safe ground for me and my company in the execution of the project. It resulted in the generation of handsome revenue for the company and left a good performance remark for me in my growing career.

I believe life is all about learning new things and helping others. Recently, a colleague of mine switched his field from the construction sector to the client's sector and he needed to plan the project's timeline in Oracle Primavera P6 but he was clueless about how to use the software than on his request since we both shared a great bond with each other as colleagues, I stepped forward and taught him the use and operation of Oracle Primavera P6 software for the planning and scheduling of projects. Thus, my professional experience has made it very crystal clear to me that relationships with colleagues as well as people from other sectors hold impactful positions in anyone's career and can be proved beneficial when required. In the future, I will keep this habit of mine in practice as well because that's how one builds a bond, learns and grows further.
and since my adolescent days

Take this out. Focus on professional references only. This makes you sound like a local college applicant.

I was good enough in making and maintaining a healthy professional relationship

Nice reference out lacking in supporting references. you have not shown any networking cultivation skills of note yet. Do not imply it Discuss it.

This is too weak. It lacks a networking foundation. I already mentioned that cultivation references are missing and, there is nothing to link percieved networks and influences with your future needs. I am notsure if you lack the necessary experience or, if you are too shy to say it. This is not the type of essay that would be considered useful to an application. As a draft, it lacks substance. Develop a new response of more notable reference.
Guest /  
@Uroojaayy
This essay seems incomplete as you didn't answer the last part of the question correctly. Chevening is asking you, "outline how you hope to use these skills in the future". You didn't state this. I think you should centre your conclusion on this question. You have to be clear when writing this because Chevening wants to see how the networks you've built will be beneficial to them.

Home / Scholarship / Explain how you build and maintain relationships in a professional capacity, using clear examples