Explain the motivation of choosing Ireland as your study destination - GOI-IES

nabilah_hannan 4 / 8 2  

GOI-IES Scholarship application

Explain the extent to which you have a long-term interest in Ireland and how will you promote links with Ireland during your time as a GOI-IES Scholar and following your studies, as GOI-IES Alumni?

I choose Ireland as my study destination because Ireland has a worldwide reputation for high-quality education where the Irish education system is one of the best in Europe. Ireland is the only English-speaking country in Europe, so it will be comfortable to cope up with the course and also with society. Ireland is host to many global technology companies such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and others where it is well-known as the European hub to over 1,000 leading multinational companies (MNCs). It is the second most attractive country globally for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) after Singapore. As a student in the IT field, namely data science, and analytics, by studying in Ireland, I certainly will have the opportunity to do an internship and work in a technology company in Ireland. It is also possible for me to join the innovative research programs from around the world through strategic research facilities from many global companies in Ireland. Indonesia and Ireland also have cooperation in the field of information technology, even in September 2019, Ireland and Indonesia collaborated on research and higher education. Also, in terms of international students, Ireland is an ideal study destination because of its richness of culture, breathtaking scenery, safe environment, and friendly people. During my study in Ireland, I will actively share information with Indonesian people who seek to study destinations and scholarships through the blog and social media. There are several scholarship communities and study abroad that I can cooperate within Indonesia to share stories about studying in Ireland. Besides it, I want to join the Indonesian Student Association in Ireland to be able to contribute more to promote Ireland to Indonesian students. For my future career, I intend to be a lecturer with data science and analytics specialization. As a lecturer, I can promote the Irish Education toward my undergraduate students so they will select Ireland as their further study destination. I will also strengthen the research and the higher education relationship between Indonesia and Ireland through the collaboration in research and information exchange. I am the main member of Data Science Indonesia chapter North Sumatera when I come back to Indonesia, I can promote how good is data science and analytics program in Ireland's Universities to support their career as the data scientist and data analytics.

Can you please check? Thank you
This is a rambling essay that does not offer a solid response to the question being asked. The best basis of your response will be your participation in the Indonesian Student Association in Ireland. That is because the organization will automatically help you promote the relationship of Indonesia and Ireland within both a short and long term time frame. Expand the discussion to focus on the course you will be taking instead. As a member of the association, what benefits will you have that will help in the cross cultural promotion of the two cultures first in Ireland and then in Indonesia upon your return? Use the Ireland based student association as the motivating factor that helped you decide to study in Ireland. Depict how the alumni of the organization enticed you through their effective cross cultural promotional activities and how you plan to enhance their current programs using social media, websites, and other promotional possibilities.
OP nabilah_hannan 4 / 8 2  
Hello, thank you @Holt for the answer, Can I get more explanation about "Expand the discussion to focus on the course you will be taking instead". Is it related to this question -> "Explain the extent to which you have a long-term interest in Ireland"?

Home / Scholarship / Explain the motivation of choosing Ireland as your study destination - GOI-IES