I can face all the challenges in life ; NTU Scholarship- My values and beliefs

Huiyoke 1 / 1  
Describe, in less than 300 words, the values and beliefs you hold strongly to. Please provide examples of how you have demonstrated these in your actions.

All these years, self belief, the value that I hold strongly to, has pushed me to accomplish the task that I thought I could not do. I love accepting challenges. Believing in myself enables me to face the challenges with confidence and I improve myself through the challenges I take. I am always given several tasks at the same time and I am required to complete them in a short period. As I always seek for perfection in the things I do, with the self belief that I hold on to, I often able to accomplish the tasks on time and the tasks are all satisfied by my teachers and employers. However, I do estimate my ability before I accept any task to avoid failure of not completing the task.

Besides, identifying my weaknesses and strengths enable me to improve myself to a better one. I always read self-help book, which is a very good 'silent teacher' in teaching me how to improve myself from the inside to the outside. I love making friends who have different personalities and from different backgrounds because this can make me realize that each one of us has our own strengths and weaknesses. I understand I can give my best to make a significant change in my personality and contribute to the society. Therefore, self improvement is a value that I believe could make a change to the world and I practice it all the time.

I believe that with the values I hold strongly, I can face all the challenges in life and able to excel in the things I do. With the abilities I will acquire in NTU, I am sure that I can contribute to the society and make a change in the world

Please help to correct me. I need it before 15 of March so that I can submit earlier. Thank you! =)
veenya - / 1  
You should submit it right now. The essay is pretty impressive to me. Go for it. Good luck!
formenthos 3 / 20 2  
Critical review. Please don't be offended.

the task

What task? Only one? Does this mean you believed you could do everything else in the world but not this one "task", and that self confidence got you through it? This statement makes you sound silly. You need to get specific. Your whole paragraph is general. Illustrate how self-confidence got you past a hurdle and why it did, more importantly illustrate why your self confidence is scholarship worthy.

Besides, identifying my weaknesses and strengths enable me to improve myself to a better one.

"Besides" is too candor... and a better what?

Self improvement is not about changing the world... In fact you rush through tith self-help, friends' variety of personalities, all without elaborating on anything. This doesnt dhow organized thought.

In the end, you say that you believe your values help you face challenges... In your intro you solely identified self-confidence...

You need to make an outline of what you hope to write and convey.
Revoltec 2 / 8  
He explained everything ^^
OP Huiyoke 1 / 1  
This is my new essay. Please help me to correct it. Thank you. =)
I believe that self confidence can definitely make a difference in one self. Since I entered junior high school, my self confidence has given me so much courage to explore new things and meet new friends by joining many different activities not only in the school but also outside the school. I enjoy hosting events, joining competition and giving out lessons in the public, because all these activities give me opportunities to meet new people from different ages and backgrounds, and I learn to adapt to new environments and get along with new friends easily. My self confidence complements my ability to adapt to varying situations, making me well-prepared for all the challenges I faced. That is the main reason why I choose to study Actuarial Science, because I am confident in doing something which requires a quick response towards the changes in the world.

I believe that leadership is the crucial part in any organisation. I was fortunate enough to be given opportunities to organise various events and societies when I was in junior high school. I have learnt that being a leader is not just about leading people, giving out clear instructions to get things done, but it also involves looking after the members while leading them towards a common goal, identifying their strengths and weaknesses so that tasks can be given to the right person and that the tasks can be done effectively. A leader must also be humble to hear opinions and suggestions from the members which can make the organisation better. Therefore, leadership is definitely a value that I hold on to make a change in my life.

With the values I hold strongly to, I am confident that I can excel in my future and achieve my career aspirations.
lookingout - / 2  
Yes,He explained everything

Home / Scholarship / I can face all the challenges in life ; NTU Scholarship- My values and beliefs