Face the dynamic changes in communication sector by continuing my study in PR - CHEVENING

bellachyntia 3 / 15  
Hey, please kindly give your review for my essay. Greatly appreciate your feedback :D

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

*Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form (minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

STUDYING IN THE UK QUESTION

I completed Bachelor of Communication with the Public Relations (PR) major from London School of Public Relations Jakarta. As top 30 students, I succeeded in passing International Qualification of Level 2 in PR with a score of 'Pass with Merit'. I also experienced tourism & hospitality industry as a Marketing Communication Apprentice at Fairmont Jakarta, while doing my thesis about state-owned oil & natural gas company and I finished both with great results. I did not only implement the theory of the course into real work practices, but I also gained new specific skills and experiences from the apprenticeship that were useful for my current job.

As a Corporate Marketing Communications at Best Western Indonesia, I need to execute different techniques to communicate to people from culturally diverse backgrounds with an aim to create mutual understanding and strong relationship. Therefore, I want to continue my study in PR course to obtain knowledge and skills from the world-leading university in UK which sufficiently allow me to face the dynamic changes in this growing sector. Moreover, UK offers an excellent post-graduate program that is generally shorter than in other countries which is an advantage for me who wish to study for a short period and return to home country with better solutions in a communication field.

My first choice is MA International Public Relations and Global Communication Management at Cardiff University. Ranked first in Guardian's University league table for PR, this university is also a partner of the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) that can broaden my knowledge of PR and enhance my professional profile by attending valuable training courses. Besides that, the course is designed to develop my expertise at an international level that combines theory, practices, and advanced academic study. The modules will enrich my core management concept about global communications and digital communications.

I choose MA Corporate Communications, Marketing & Public Relations at University of Leeds as my second choice. Not only a part of Russel Group, Leeds also has triple accreditation from the three leading bodies in recognition of research and teacher excellence that will make an important contribution to my learning methods. The course offers a mix of theory, practice, and strategy that can provide essential foundations required as a professional PR. Additionally, I have an opportunity to attain new knowledge in the communication field by studying corporate communication, CSR and sustainability, brand management, and global marketing.

Thirdly, I decide to select MSc Public Relations at Metropolitan Manchester University. Being a partner of PRCA, the course is also approved by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) that enables me to become part of global associations in raising the good standard in the field. The course will benefit me in improving knowledge of modern practice by experiencing a unique blend of academic and practical skills, such as persuasive writing and PR specialism. Furthermore, I have a chance to handle live business projects for real clients that can enhance my additional career experience in future.
Rahma155 4 / 16 3  
Your essay is good but please remove the publically known information such as the university rankings and reputation since it is totally irrelevant. Apart from that, you did a good work. Congratulations.
Bella, you need to clarify what you have a need to execute different Public Relations techniques. What is your specific problem or problems in this area that you hope to overcome with the completion of a masters education? Your reference to the usefulness of a PR masters course is too vague to make an impression regarding its applicability to your chosen courses. Widen the discussion because you need to justify how you hope to make change in at least 3 avenues of PR relevance. Additionally, you need to create a reference to a specific career goal / training objective in reference to each course / university. The prompt asks you to specific how each course will allow you have some sort of career growth so you need to indicate a specific career path for each course you have chosen. You cannot have the same career path for each course because each course has a different focus. Don't get those presentations confused with your common goal or objective for your masters course though. Those are obviously 2 different presentations.
skhaor 5 / 8 2  
It is better to tell a little about your career goals (to make it clear that your past education, your master choices, and your future plan are in the same 'line')

Home / Scholarship / Face the dynamic changes in communication sector by continuing my study in PR - CHEVENING