'I've been fairly good at Math' - the subjects in wich you have excelled

lupita 1 / -  
discuss the subjects in which you have excelled, and what elements you attribute to your accomplishments

Ever since I could remember I have always been fairly good at Math, from Elementary to Middle School and finally High school. I never really felt the need to over study myself for this course because i always passed it easily with straight A's. And In addition, I felt that I naturally grasped Math easier than any of my peers and that this was one of the subjects that I could maneuver myself through life with no difficulty. Fortunatelly for myself High School gave me the apportunity that Elementary and Middle School could not offer me. It pushed me to challenge myself and to take harder A.p. classes and to strive for the best that I could give in this field. At first I was a little hesistant because I didnt know what to expect out of the course but dealing with my interest in a future career in Dentistry has been a magnificent element that has pushed me foward into taking A.p. Statistics so i can better prepare myself for the required courses that are to come in my later years in college. In adittion to my success in math has alot to do with my mentors. I am a strong believer that teachers are a persons best gift anyone could have other than a family because they are the ones that guide you through life and motivate you as well as inspire you to accomplish all your goals and expectations of yourself and to be what I consider succesful in life. so overall I can truly say that my math teacher Mrs. Shnider has done this and more.
Leah_Writer - / 46 4  
Hi, Maria!
I think this is very good at expressing what it needs to, and shows that you're a good writer as well as a stellar mathematician! However, make sure you spell check--I spotted a couple of small errors in spelling and grammar, such as "I grasped math easier" when "more easily" would be the correct construction. With a quick spelling and grammar check, though, I think this little mini-essay does everything it needs to do. I might add one sentence about how much you enjoy math, since many people reading the essay want to hear that you love the things you're good at not just for the sake of their career, but also because you love to learn. Good luck!

Home / Scholarship / 'I've been fairly good at Math' - the subjects in wich you have excelled