fascination towards biology and chemistry - MUIS scholarship

anik4546 1 / 2  
The rapid developments in the field of bio molecular sciences, coupled with my fascination towards biology and chemistry has led me to want to p The pursue a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in bio molecular sciences. With this application I want to state unequivocally my fervent desire to be considered for the esteemed MUIS scholarship.

A lot of people have asked me why I did not proceed directly into undergraduate study right after finishing my A levels. The answer is that I have been looking for a scholarship. I used to keep sending hundreds of e mails everyday to see if the universities were offering any scholarships and most of the time I did not get a reply. Apparently, most universities aren't keen to provide scholarships at undergraduate level. Sometimes there were universities that offered me partial tuition fee waiver, but coming from a middle class family it was a very expensive affair for me to pay the fees, so I couldn't afford it. In the meantime, I was working as a private tutor to an O level candidate. This allowed me to pursue my passion for teaching, and also helped me to earn some money. Therefore the obvious benefit that I will get from the MUIS scholarship is the financial assistance that will help me obtain my degree without incurring any debt.

Also by gaining a scholarship, I can continue wholeheartedly towards the path to graduation and a degree. Often when students can't bear the financial load of tuition, they decide to take a semester off in order to save money and get back on their feet. I strongly discourage this as it seems to postpone the task at hand but in many situations there is no alternative. With this scholarship though, I wouldn't even have to consider such measures and could continue sincerely towards achieving my career goals.

I am a citizen of Bangladesh, a country that appears to be the unfortunate victim of the recent climatic changes caused by global warming. It is expected that within a few years large areas of land in this country will be flooded if the sea level continues to rise at the current rate. Therefore there is a lot of ongoing research in order to find crop plant species which will be able to tolerate abiotic stresses like salinity and submergence. But most of these research projects are hindered due to the lack of skilled manpower. In addition, there are a number of research activities on microbes of economic importance, artificial propagation of indigenous fishes, and the anti microbial potential of selected medicinal plants of Bangladesh. Again these researches are also facing difficulties because of the scarcity of trained personnel. Needless to say, all of these research activities need the help of expert bio molecular scientists. I confidently believe that with the qualifications I will gain at Macquarie University if selected for this scholarship will permit me to make valuable contribution in research projects which aim at creating a better Bangladesh.

Moreover, in my A' levels I had 4 A grades with 91% marks in Chemistry and 88% marks in Biology, which I hope illustrates that I have the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in my academic pursuits at Macquarie University.

I believe my academic accomplishments speak of hard work and strong will power and make me a choice candidate for this prestigious scholarship. . As stated earlier this scholarship will be a huge benefit not only for me, but hopefully for my country as well. It is my intention to make a significant contribution to my chosen field and I look forward to our relationship with great anticipation. Finally I would like to thank you for providing me with the opportunity to apply and discuss my career goals and aspirations.
The rapid developments in the field of bio molecular sciences, coupled with my fascination for biology and chemistry have led me to want to p The pursue a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in bio molecular sciences.

I used to keep sending hundreds of e mails every day to see if the universities were offering any scholarships and most of the time I did not get a reply.

Also by gaining a scholarship, I can continue wholeheartedly on the path to graduation and a degree.

I confidently believe that with the qualifications I will gain at Macquarie University, if selected for this scholarship, will permit me to make valuable contributions in research projects which aim at creating a better Bangladesh.

I believe my academic accomplishments speak of hard work and strong will power, making me a choice candidate for this prestigious scholarship.

As stated earlier, this scholarship will be a huge benefit not only for me, but hopefully for my country as well.

Your essay is very well written and thought out. It shows that they'll be lucky to have you as a student. Good luck with school.

:)

Home / Scholarship / fascination towards biology and chemistry - MUIS scholarship