"Fashion should portray grace, intellect, artistic beauty and youthful energy";SCHOLARSHIP

herocinderella 1 / 1  
Hello! :)
I'm applying for a scholarship to study in Korea, I'm trying it for a couple of years, and every time I'm very close to win it. This year I hope I can succeed, so here is my essay. I'm open to corrections (even the grammatical ones), and also tips. It's difficult to list accomplishments without bragging, so I don't know if it ended a bit empty or overdone, or if I gave the wrong focus and etc. It's also just the first draft, so it's very raw.

The questions were very general;
o Your course of life, your view of life, study background, your hopes & wishes, etc
o Your education and work experience, etc., in relation to the program
o Your motivations for applying for this program
o Reason for study in Korea

You may notice that it doesn't have an end yet. So, yes, I'm still working on it, but any help with what I've so far would be great. ^__^~

Andre Kim has said that "Fashion should portray grace, intellect, artistic beauty and youthful energy." That's how I believe that life should be lived.

I've grown up surrounded by Arts, my mother was a kindergarten teacher, so everyday I was in contact with colored papers, glitter, brushes and paint. She was the biggest influence to help me sort out what I wanted to do in my future, but I was not sure which path to take until I start my graduation. I've first studied Interior Design, but even loving the perspective and scenography classes, it was when I was sketching dresses during break time that I've realized that my passion didn't belong there.

As I joined younger than most in the college, I felt unprepared, so I worked twice as much to prove to myself that I could succeed. In the 3rd semester of Fashion Design, I had the opportunity to see my work selected to the graduation runway show, and also work at two backstages of local runway shows. During the course, I've experimented many branches of the field; ministering illustration workshops, learning to stamp fabrics and sewing different pieces of clothing, knowing a bit of everything so I could settle what I had more interest on. It was in the last semester that I saw clearly that I wanted to be connected to people through their identities, helping them to tell their story and show their personalities without saying a word.

Brasilia doesn't have a Fashion culture, while I received job proposals from Sao Paulo, it was difficult to have any opportunity living in a city devoted to politics. I've worked by my own with online stores and graphic design freelancers, and also at the backstage of Capital Fashion Week. My last accomplishment was being a finalist at the "Inclusive Fashion Contest V - International Edition" (Concurso Moda Inclusiva V - Ediçăo Internacional), where an outfit for people with disabilities should be created, meeting their needs, but still doing something fashionable. Even if I didn't win, it was an opportunity to believe in my own potential and see that I could go far.

I've found a huge love aside Fashion Design. Through Korean music, I've started to organize cultural events at my city. Since 2011, when my first event received three-hundred people, I had the opportunity to organize and help more than five events and meetings, giving a great support for newcomers at the K-music universe and being able to work side by side with names such SarangInGayo - a renowned brazilian website about Korea - and the Korean Embassy in Brazil.

I've studied korean by my own, haven't missed any opportunity to help spread the Korean culture and, obviously, kept learning by practice and theory about Fashion and Design. Because there's so much more to learn, studying in Korea would be the perfect way to solidify my dreams, and I would have the opportunity to learn about Fashion by a new perspective and be directly in contact with the culture I've dedicated the last three years of my life to.
sandipsinh 37 / 90 3  
but I was not sure which path to take until I STARTED my graduation.
Fran Alston - / 1  
Well so far tour essay seems to be good. The grammar structure is also ok. The thing about academic writing is that one has to grammatically correct and the structure and tone should also be followed. Moreover, you have to be formal. This is the reason why so many people dread academic writing. In your case, you can take assistance from paperomatic that has an expertise in providing quality academic papers.
That'sThis is how I believe thatthe life should be lived.

I've grown up surrounded by Arts, my mother was a kindergarten teacher, so everyday I was in contact with colored papers, glitter, brushes and paint.

Being a daughter of a kindergarten teacher, I grew up surrounded by art works and accessories - colored papers, glitter, brushes, paint etc.

SheMy mother was the biggest influence to help me sort out what I wanted to do in my future, but I was not sure which path to take until I start my graduation. (this is a bit confusing? Were you in high school or what? )

Home / Scholarship / "Fashion should portray grace, intellect, artistic beauty and youthful energy";SCHOLARSHIP