I felt special knowing sign languge; Why this university, major &how scholarship will help

stufify 1 / -  
Hello,
The prompt is "Why do you want to attend the University of ___, why you selected the major you plan to pursue, and how this scholarship will enable you to meet your goals." 250 word narrative

I felt special knowing sign language. Going to a middle school with deaf students, we were all required to learn it. The weekly lessons from Ms. Knight were sometimes eye opening, for with each vocabulary word learned, a gasp and a "Ohhhh, so THAT'S what he was trying to tell me!" accompanied it. My middle school encouraged respect for one another despite our differences, which was no easy lesson to teach a middle school preteen. A service project in the 6th grade required us to pair up with various special needs classrooms around the school. Assigned to the elementary school library, I came twice a week to interact with hearing impaired 3rd graders. Seeing their shining faces playing with one another made me want to do whatever was in my power to help make their lives easier.

As with any teenager, I came up with a new answer each time I was asked about my future career. While reading about the Speech Language Pathologist career path, I realized how absolutely diverse and broad the field is. From working with cancer patients in a clinical environment who need swallowing care, to working with autistic children in a school setting, I couldn't think of a more fascinating and rewarding profession that fit my interests. I want to be able to focus my whole heart into my career, and by receiving a scholarship, the woes of student loans will not loom over my head. A university close to home in a city that is bursting with potential, the University of __ was a clear choice for me. Excitement from its up-and-coming campus and its growth into a Tier One status university is reinforced by the peace of mind I receive knowing that I am able to help my parents close-by.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
I felt special knowing sign language.

This is not very clear.... do you mean that it was a special feeling to know sign language? I think it is good if you improve this sentence.

The weekly lessons from Ms. Knight were sometimes a great eye opening, forbecause with each vocabulary word learned, a gasp and a "Ohhhh, so THAT'S what he was trying to tell me!" accompanied it.

Your sentences do not clear your ideas in a clear manner. You need to work on that!

Home / Scholarship / I felt special knowing sign languge; Why this university, major &how scholarship will help