The field of epidemiology - Why did you choose your proposed course?

Jay_001 1 / 2  
My academic goal is to study public health specializing in field epidemiology. I am keen to enhance my professional skills acquired from the course for both theoretical and practical skills. Such include investigating patterns and causes of infectious diseases to lower mortality risk and increase quality of life through proper planning and evaluation of public health interventions. Certainly, this will mitigate the high incidence rate of endemic diseases such as Leptospirosis and Dengue fever. I visualize myself as an asset that will provide policy makers with evidence-based solutions for public health issues in Fiji.

After thorough online research, I found Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health offered in Fiji National University as a course that will equip me with the necessary theoretical and hands-on practical experiences in field epidemiology that are tailor-made for my country's setting. The course will enable me to apply statistical and epidemiological methods to a range of public health issues occurring among Fijian communities, demonstrate specialist knowledge and skills in field epidemiology that will help address issues such as poor planning in public health strategies.
While this is a concise presentation of your academic goal and reasons for choosing the university, the AAS actually requires the student to explain an academic goal in relation to the masters course he is applying for admission to. You are also expected to choose 2 universities and masters courses for this particular prompt. You may choose the same course for different universities, but discuss each masters course individually, highlighting the differences in learning possibilities or, 2 different universities and 2 different courses that show the variation of your academic goals per choice. It is better to have professional related courses that vary per course choice. Do not choose just one course and university. That will limit your acceptance possibilities.

Home / Scholarship / The field of epidemiology - Why did you choose your proposed course?