The UK has always been my first choice for higher education - CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP

Rahma155 4 / 16 3  
Hello,

Please provide on my STUDY IN UK essay for the Chevening Scholarship.
P.S: As I have already mentioned my academic background in the opening paragraph, therefore I did not discuss it again towards the end in the form of a closing statement. Please comment if that is ok?

WORD COUNT = 484 [max. 500 words limit]

TIA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M. Sc Engineering Management Programs choices

During the four years of my professional career, numerous opportunities came into my way where I practiced my academic knowledge of Electrical Engineering in a challenging environment, at the same time implementing my analytical abilities to add value to the teams I worked with. My current job of Pre-sales Engineer is a position which demands strong technical knowledge and management skills. In my day to day tasks, I am required to establish technical documentation of the projects, supervise the site teams and implement different management techniques to handle multiple projects and their timely deliverables to the clients.

The UK has always been my first choice for higher education as it got a range of world-leading universities with courses offered in English, which is an advantage for international students. I have chosen to apply for the post-graduate study in Engineering Management course. This course will help me to gain more insight into engineering as well as management disciplines along with developing effective skills to implement management strategies and techniques to the industrial challenges I come across every day.

My first choice for M. Sc Engineering Management is the University of XXX. The modules included in the course aims at extending critical understanding about engineering management significance and research applications. Collectively, this course program will align my professional experience with the importance of technical and commercial leadership within an industrial context at the same time enhancing my project planning, team-working and risk management skills. The reason of University of XXX being my prime choice to study extends to the campus being located in a contemporary country-side town close to nature, with many relaxation spots to rejuvenate. Moreover, the town offers lower cost of living with easy access to the neighboring metropolitan cities of Manchester and Leeds to spend the weekends.

My second choice for M. Sc Engineering Management is the University of YYY. The modules offered under this course will help me in enhancing my core management concepts, mostly focusing on supply chain and project management. I am particularly excited in learning more about International Finance Management module, as it will improve my financial planning skills along with greatly helping me in designing the project funding plan. Moreover, the rich history and vibrant culture of YYY fascinates me to learn more about it and to experience living there. Also, the moderate weather and sandy beaches of YYY offers great opportunities to relax and de-stress.

My third choice for M. Sc Engineering Management is the ZZZ. The modules included in the course program emphasizes on all the key areas of modern management essential for the engineers progressing in management roles. These critical management courses will benefit me in understanding the contemporary issues of organizational management, which I come across on a daily basis. The opportunity to study these courses along with the optional modules of electrical engineering will help me in becoming a specialist Pre-Sales Engineer.
Rahma, in response to your question, the response is no. You do not have to present your academic background twice in the essay. Once in the beginning is sufficient. Your choice of university courses and universities are presented in an acceptable format. It informs the reviewer about the academic reasons that you chose the university and the course. Please eliminate the references to the townships and beaches in the essay as those distract from the academic focus of the discussion and are not part of the required elements for discussion in the essay. It would be best to keep your academic tone at all times in this instance because the reviewer is only interested in the formal presentation of your choices. Once you remove the references I mentioned, the essay will be in its final format and ready for submission. Good work on the development of this essay. You actually got it on your first try. That makes 2 perfect essays that I have reviewed today. Excellent work!
OP Rahma155 4 / 16 3  
Thank you so much for your feedback :)
Xti02 5 / 16 9  
Hi Rahma. Great essay. If you have not submitted yet, I can suggest a few minor changes to grammar:

Paragraph 1: came my way (instead of into my way)

Paragraph 2: it has a range (instead of it got a range)

Paragraph 3: the modules aim (not aims)

Paragraph 5: the modules emphasize (not emphasizes)

All the best with your application!
OP Rahma155 4 / 16 3  
@Xti02
Thank you Christi :)
Good luck with your application too.
skhaor 5 / 8 2  
From my perspective, your essay is well organized. But in addition, tell a little about your future plan (with different language from Career Plan Essay) would make it greater. Good luck!

Home / Scholarship / The UK has always been my first choice for higher education - CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP