I want to focus on international HR management as a key factor for my career development (Chevening)

tkhuong 1 / 1 1  
I would like to receive feedback for my application essay to Chevening. Thank you in advance.

QUESTION OF POST-GRADUATION PLANS

Deeper integration into the global economy has provided Vietnam with an increasing number of multinational companies and organizations. This growth has led to higher demand for qualified employees to manage human resource within the organizations. Therefore, I want to focus on international HR management as a key factor for my career development.

Upon my return after graduation, I will seek the chance to work as a HR specialist in an international cooperation such as Unilever which has a policy of rotating for different roles in HR department. I will take advantage of the rotation policy to work on compensation and benefits, employee relations, and training and development. Thereby, I can sharpen my improved knowledge and skills with hands-on experience in most essential HR functions.

Then, I plan to reach the HR business partner position in an international organization which allows me to involve deeper in operational activities at strategic level and lead the team to align HR agenda towards common goals of the organization. By applying a people-focused approach combined with analytical thinking into solving the problems, I will try to not only ensure the fairness among employees and the compliance with labour law but also build up initiatives to attract and retain talents. The extensive Chevening network would be a great source for me to continuously learn and exchange ideas of implementing HR practices in global context.

After ten years, I intend to establish a HR consulting firm providing services for multicultural organizations in Vietnam so that I can extend the impact of my expertise in larger scale. From relationships with Chevening scholars, I will connect with high level professional to build up a strong team assisting the organization in developing HR management through training programs and consultancy services. As Department for International Trade of UK indicated about challenges of doing business in Vietnam, my firm will aim to offer solutions for the issues related to lack of skills and grey areas of Vietnamese law by that contributing to create favourable conditions for foreign companies as British companies operating in Vietnam. In addition, I with my team will create programs to support for young students with major in HR or want to pursuit a career in HR. From training workshop, seminars and job fair, I expect to share with young people my practical experience of HR so that they can have well preparation for this field as well opportunites to connect with potential recruiters.
cakeislife - / 2  
Upon my return to Vietnam after graduation
an international organization which that allows me
After In ten years
in on larger scale
high level professionals
by that contributing to ... British companies operatingoperatein Vietnam
I with my team and I
to support for young students with majoring in HR

I think you have a well thought out plan but if you could post more specific requirements it will help us giving more constructive feedback.
Thy, since this is just a masters degree course you are targeting, you need to only present a 5 year career plan. Anything beyond that amount of time will require you to have a Phd certification. Your career plans should only be for the immediate coverage of your MS certification. One of the main requirements of the Chevening Post Study plan is a UK supported project in your home country. How does HR fit into the priority country projects of the UK in Vietnam? Can you find any justification for that? You must discuss how the UK government sponsored organization in your country supports the improvement of the field of international HR management. If you are unable to find a related UK project in your country then you will not have a good chance of winning this scholarship as the grant prioritizes UK priority projects in specific countries. You have to focus your revision on that missing element without which your application will be refused.

Home / Scholarship / I want to focus on international HR management as a key factor for my career development (Chevening)