My future plans with career and community in 10 years (but I'm undecided!)

seancron 2 / 2  
the essay wants my future plans with career and community in 10 years however I am totally undecided about my future plans. I am thinking of majoring in engineering, have worked with kids both as a tutor and swim coach but dont know how to not come off sounding like a "pageant" answer. The essay is less than 500 words.
Satterfield2006 2 / 3  
Start of writing out an outline describing how you see yourself in 10 years. From house, car, family, and career and even down to what type of clothes you see yourself wearing. Once you have these precise details, you should start the essay off describing some kind of scenery that includes all the things you have listed. Then you can continue your essay describing ways (education, services) to get you to your ten year goal.

I hope this was helpful and not too confusing. I often do this in my journal from time to time.

Best wishes!
dont know how to not come off sounding like a "pageant" answer.

Ha ham very good. I am glad you are trying pageant answer, :-)

Well, it is all about focusing the binoculars on what you do know. Have you heard of "design activism?" Google that term.

Let's let them know that you are entering the profession of an engineer, and let them know what you would do with such a career. Even if you do not continue with that career choice, you can switch to something else later. For now, choose your path, and show confidence. Write about a goal you do have... you can have many goals, many careers.

So, open your mind, and let yourself write about a particular field... cite some journal articles, and really enjoy writing about your possible career path!

Home / Scholarship / My future plans with career and community in 10 years (but I'm undecided!)