GKS Scholarship Future Plan after Study (Embassy Track)

racheltsk90 2 / 4 1  
Dear all, I'm from Singapore and I would like to enter the Master in Clinical Psychology Program. Please help me to see if my essay is ok and how I may improve it. Thank you!

Pursuing a Career in Clinical or Counseling Psychology

After obtaining my Master's degree, I plan to apply all the trainings and knowledge I have gained and return to Singapore and gain employment in one of the major hospitals as a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist. I also plan to continue doing research to advance the field and make it a priority to go back to Korea to join the psychology conference as a presenter. I also envision myself to set up and provide online counselling sessions specializing in Singaporean and Korean clients and realise my dream of freeing clients from mental distress. I hope to provide affordable or free online counselling to Koreans and Singaporeans who cannot afford to pay for counselling.

After gaining 3-5 years of experience working in the hospital, doing online counselling and doing research, I would like to do a PHD in Psychology to advance my knowledge and research in the field of Clinical Psychology. My long-term goal would be to open my own clinic.

Furthermore, having gained fluency in the Korean language, I will make it a priority to spread the Korean language and culture to my fellow Singaporean friends. Upon returning back to Singapore, it is my dream to set up a Korean café study group to help people who are interested to learn the language and culture. Furthermore, nowadays many Koreans who come to Singapore are interested to learn English and Mandarin Chinese; therefore, I hope to use the vlogging platform to teach English and Chinese lessons about my life in Korea.
Poln4 1 / 2  
I like your ideas, but they sound a little bit idealistic and sometimes too force. . . For example, you are considering to give free counseling services but just to Koreans and Singaporeans... why just them? I know it will be for people who cannot afford it, but I think there are more countries with those needs as well...

You also mentioned the idea of doing the counseling, working in an important hospital and doing research at the same time!! I think it would make more sense if you give dates or years. For example, to dedicate 2 full years working, get more inspiration and later start research with a colleague...

I hope this makes sense to you... I especially like your last paragraph.
Wish you success!!
OP racheltsk90 2 / 4 1  
Hi @Poln4
Thanks for your feedback. I went to reword my essay to make it clearer and also rearrange it so that it is not too idealistic. Thank you!

Home / Scholarship / GKS Scholarship Future Plan after Study (Embassy Track)