GKS-U 2022 essay; language study plan

winter pill 1 / 1  
Language Study Plan

Hello, this is Part 1 of my Study plan. I would really like it if you could review this and give me your feedbacks on how I can make it better.

o Study plans to improve foreign languages (Korean, English, etc) required for taking a degree course BEFORE and AFTER you come to Korea.

1. Before coming to Korea:
· As I've taken KCCI's language hobby classes and have made myself familiar with 한글 and some basic phrases, I'll use the provided resources to get more comfortable with the accent and pronunciations.

· I will acquire the ability of greeting, self-introduction, expressing date and time and similar skills that are necessary for basic life.

2. After coming to Korea:
a). March 2022 - August 2022
· Understanding Korean culture through general current events in the newspaper and on TV.
· Acquiring more complex conversational skills for everyday life such as making phone calls, reservations, using the post office and bank, etc.
· Using the university's library's resources for further knowledge on English as well as Korean vocabulary.
· Gain a TOPIK level of 3 or 4 by the end of July 2022.

b). September 2022 - February 2023
· Interact with native speakers and batch mates to improve my speaking skills.
· Starting to prepare to enter the academic year by gaining the ability to study not only cultural books but also the academic material in English beforehand.

· Learning in-depth vocabulary, grammar, enhancing listening skills through multimedia and building up writing abilities by participating in essay writing competitions for both languages.
· Achieve the TOPIK level 5 or 6 till the end of January 2023.
The before arriving presentation ends abruptly. It appears there is no lesson based Hangul learning beyond the hobby aspect. The applicant will successfully irritate the reviewer by inserting Hangul characters in the presentation. I have it on reliable authority that the applicant gets on the wrongside of the reviewer this way. Why? The student attempts to unsuccessfully brag about his non-existent Hangul skills this way. Anybody can use software to write a phrase,sentence, or the Korean characters for Hangul, that does not require lessons. If the aim is to properly impress, then, write the whole essay in Hangul since that is the other language option for responding. The other is to present a TOPIK certification of 5 and above immediately. Those are the only 2 ways to properly impress the reviewer and jump the application consideration line in an impressive manner.
OP winter pill 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for reviewing my essay and giving me some nice tips. I will immediately get back on writing a new and improved essay. I hope you can give me your feedback on that one as well

Home / Scholarship / GKS-U 2022 essay; language study plan