GKS - Study plan Language Before and after (Undergraduate); practice journal and Korean classes

miesse 1 / -  

GKS plan of study - scholarship

I do acknowledge that each person has different skills, personally the understanding and learning new language has been quite easy. I was able to learn english by my own with just the basic knowledge of it that was taught to me throughout school.

To improve my english, I like to read books, and different kinds of articles, also through sites such as Magoosh and ESL-Lounge. As with the writing skills, since it's none of the areas that is difficult to me, I try to write a journal to practice the what was already learn.

Currently I own a EF-SET certification with the a score of 67/100, perhaps this year I have planned to do a TOEFL-Essentials test and achieve a 8.0 score.

As on the Korean, I have a pretty basic knowledge of it, right now I am using different tools to increase my knowledge of the language with online sites such as Talk to me in Korean and How to study Korean.

So far I've learned the hangul and some basic vocabulary, but I still plan to continue studying the language, as I find it very interesting language. I plan to take Korean classes in the next few months, so this will strengthen my skills on the language and it will not be so difficult to continue with it in the future.

If I did have the opportunity to get the GKS scholarship, my personal challenge it's to could achieve a level 3 TOPIK score on the first half of the language training year. Also I will involve on different intercultural exchange programs, voluntary programs and more. So in that way not only make different relationships but also could get a level 4-5 TOPIK on the end of the language program year.

* I also was planning on add some other ways to practice the language, such as listen music or tv shows and stuff but i don't know how to include in it without sounding too informal or stuff, any help or advice it's really well accepted, it's my first time applying a scholarship like so, yeah :)
The prior to arrival activities for language development of both English and Hangul are good enough. It shows that the student is serious about language improvements on both fronts. However, the post arrival plans are particularly weak and almost laughable. The applicant should consider more specific plans for post arrival studies for both languages. However, a stronger focus on Hangul should be provided since the classes are all taught in Hangul rather than English. English will basically be a social language for the student rather than an academic learning form.

Informality is not the main problem of this essay. It is the lack of proper English writing that actually makes the essay questionable when it comes to the claims of the student with regards to ease of language learning. This is defnitely not an essay that was written by someone who finds it easy to learn the English language. It actually needs professional editing for overall improvement. By the way, one does not "own" a score. One "receives" a score. One also cannot have "planned" something that has not happened yet.

Home / Scholarship / GKS - Study plan Language Before and after (Undergraduate); practice journal and Korean classes