Global UGRAD exchange program (Why would I be a great participant in the Global UGRAD Program ?)

kermany 1 / 1  
One day while I was lying on the bed, I received a phone call from a friend telling me that my best friend Malek died in an accident !! At first I thought he was joking so I told him " You're kidding, right ? " and he replied " No, I'm not ", then I told him again " You're kidding " and again he replied " No, I'm not ", at that moment I realized that he was not joking and I kept quiet for a while trying to grasp what he just told me because, to tell you the truth, I never expected to lose my best friend ever. At the time being I received this call, I was in a summer training at an oil company in the middle of the western desert so I couldn't even attend my friend's funeral, pay respects to his family and say one last goodbye to him. Now you're probably wondering why I'm telling you this sad story. well, Malek was a very good friend who always encouraged me to change myself, to seek new opportunities and to help people around me, and ever since he died I decided to follow his advice and make something out of my life, so I kept searching for scholarships to study abroad and when I heard about Global UGRAD, I decided that I should apply for it.

Why would I be a great participant in the Global UGRAD Program ?

The first reason is that I'm a friendly, wise and honest person. I like making new friends, talking about myself, sharing my experiences and stories with other people. I have a lot of friends in the USA that I communicate with on daily basis. I can easily develop relationships with other people. I'm an extroverted person who can fully engage in a conversation and make his points clear. My friends come to me when they need an advice on a certain matter

because they always trust me. I'm an honest person who never lies about anything no matter how small it is.

The second reason is that I want to exchange cultures with people from all over the world. I want to know the traditions and habits of other people. I also want to tell other people about the Egyptian culture and the traditions and habits of the Egyptian people. I want to experience the great American culture because I heard a lot of good things about it that I would very much like to experience in person. I would participate in community services in the USA to help the needy.

The third reason is that I have to travel abroad and learn a lot of things because this was my best friend's wish, and I will do whatever it takes to honor his wish. What I learn in the USA will not just help me, but my country and the people around me. When i get back, I intend to give lectures to students in my college on what I've learned in the USA and I intend to benefit my country with this knowledge.

Bottom of the line, I would be a great participant in the Global UGRAD Program.
bonica 2 / 3  
i guess you should also prove in these statements your area of interest and prove yourself that you are competent in your area of interest for UGRAD to grant you scholarship
Mohamed, maybe you have more to offer the program than the standard answer that you are providing here. These sorts of replies will be provided by the other applicants in various forms. So it will be a tired and less than unique answer to provide the reviewer with. I suggest that you look more into the global nature of the scholarship and discuss something that you have to offer the program. It should be more than just about the semester abroad experience or the exchange of cultural experiences. Delve deeper into the meaning of the scholarship through a presentation of something that is calling out to you in terms of study. Consider possibly spending a semester abroad in order to widen your exposure to your college interests. As a foreign exchange student, you will have the opportunity to seek more formal training or learning in terms of your field of study. So discuss the potential plans you have to use the semester to increase your knowledge far beyond the 4 walls of the classroom. While I understand that the death of your friend inspired you to look into the scholarship, I don't really see any relation between his death and your ability to participate in this program. If it were up to me, I would remove that reference instead. After all, they are asking about why you wish to attend this program. They are not asking you about how your friend's death influenced you. That is an irrelevant part of the discussion in my opinion.

Home / Scholarship / Global UGRAD exchange program (Why would I be a great participant in the Global UGRAD Program ?)