ESSAY for GLOBAL UGRAD. UGRAD, Me and My Society

raja23 1 / -  

UGRAD, Me and My Society

The Global UGRAD Program has caught my attention since the day I entered the university. It offers us broad and unlimited opportunities through the academically challenging semester abroad in the United States.

I am keen on meeting with new people that also join the UGRAD program. They come from different countries and it means they have diverse culture. This can help me because I can socialize with people who have different background from me. Not only socializing skills that we can get, but we can also discover and understand their culture. In contrary, I can also share about our culture especially from my tribe, Batak which has infamous traits and culture such as Ulos and Tor Tor Dance. So that, there will be the culture exchange between all the participants. It will train us on accepting and understanding people from different backgrounds.

I am also interested in learning in the U.S. It has the best education quality you can get, whilst I can compare it to the education in my countries. I can perceive the learning culture in U.S., how the people in the class socialize to each other to make the good learning activities because I believe that because we have the different culture, we also have the different approach on how we learn in the class. That is also one of my goal by joining UGRAD program, to experience the learning culture in U.S. Needless to say, I also want to continue my study in U.S. by the time I graduate from the university. So, before I experience the real learning activities in the U.S., I hope I already get used to it through the UGRAD one semester exchange program.

I have various experiences like organizing community services and serving as the event committee. I would be more than happy to participate in the UGRAD community services. I hope that my participation in UGRAD program can influence not only my personal qualities but also my society. I want to encourage my environment especially my family to go abroad. By joining UGRAD program, we can widen our opportunities, horizon, our relation through the educational exposure in the United States. For my university itself, I am not sure if most of the students know about the UGRAD program. So, If I were chosen as the UGRAD grants, I am obliged to socialize and promote the UGRAD program and also encourage them to join the UGRAD program and program that similar to UGRAD. Of course, it doesn't stop there. Moreover, I will also involve myself in our International Office as the volunteer.

In conclusion, I am really sure that my participation as the Global UGRAD program will be a wonderful opportunity and challenge. I genuinely believe that the knowledge, experience and any results that I gain could add any values to my personal qualities and will give contributions to the society around and hopefully the world where we live.
Camilabido 6 / 11  
the day I entered the university.

They ... countries which means they have a diverse culture.

have different background than me.

Not only socializing skills ...
We can not only get social skills but also discover ...

This is just the first sentences of the essay, which is not a good sign. Run your essay through Grammarly or another spell check, upload it again, and from there, I will help you correct the most complex issues on sentence structure.

Hope you have a good day :)
Please refer to the following link as to why using Grammarly to check your essay means you end up with a plagiarized application essay. The essay is no longer yours once you upload it to Grammarly: essayscam.org/forum/gt/grammarly-review-user-content-ownership-licensing-6266/

With regards to your content, you are not offering a competitive essay as you are not offering any information regarding how you can improve the program, what you can offer the program that other applicants cannot, and how you embody a local community leadership presence. Your reference to the community leadership, which should have been one of the most important paragraphs in this essay is mentioned only in passing. Your essay sounds more like you are applying for residency to the US (definite rejection) instead of wishing to study abroad for only one semester.

Try to review the other applicant essays at this forum. These are your competitors for this round of applications. Make your essay as competitive and relevant as theirs. This essay is so weak, it will not get past the screening round.

Home / Scholarship / ESSAY for GLOBAL UGRAD. UGRAD, Me and My Society