How my goals relate to the UK-Turkey relationship? Career Plan - Chevening Scholarship

ezgifilik 4 / 14  
Hello all,

Could you please give me idea what I can write about how my goals relate to UK-Turkey relationships? I've searched but couldn't find any common ground. And feel free to comment on my writing, as well.

Outline your immediate plans upon returning home and your longer term career goals, considering how these relate to UK priorities in your country.

A goal setting plan is a bridge between our today's dreams and our tomorrow's realities. When you have a career plan mapped out, you can increase the likelihood of those career plans being met. Besides, goal setting gives us motivation and confidence to achieve them. Throughout my own lifetime, I have set many goals including personal, academic and career goals.

My immediate goal on completion of my masters is to excel in "international sales/marketing" and "import/export" responsibility area of a global and leading company in its industry in my country. Since this kind of roles involves significant customer interaction, it will help me combine my academic skills with business experience and prepare me for the road ahead. Working in a large corporation would also bring in the opportunity of improving my collaboration skills by sharing the same work environment with colleagues from varied cultural backgrounds.

The fulfilment of my short-run objectives will facilitate my long term goals. During my time working as an international sale specialist/import-export specialist, I would look forward to developing my networks and building my client base. When I feel I have gained adequate level of knowledge with regard to every aspect of an established company, I aspire to start and operate my own business which would create job opportunities for other people as well.

My chosen master programme at this stage forms the first step towards realization of my career goals. The International Business Communication master programme will enable understanding at a higher level of main cultural issues that must be taken into account when doing business in a multicultural setting. I'll also have the ability to apply theoretical models to intercultural business contexts, including international sales, commerce and marketing. Furthermore, I strongly believe that Chevening scholarship will provide with an excellent network of people from different cultures and backgrounds and offer me lifetime opportunities to broaden my horizon.
Ezgi, why don't you look into the trade agreements or export / import contracts that exist within the business community of Turkey and the UK? You may need to look for contacts within the business clubs or business owners in order to learn more about this connection. Believe me, there is a trade connection between the two. In this era of globalization, almost all countries have trade deals with their neighboring countries. You just need to take the time to research the information. You should do the legwork regarding that information before you proceed with writing your response to the prompt. Without it, your response will be considered, weak and lacking in data. This could in turn, weaken your application chances.

In case the information that you turn up doesn't truly relate to your chosen masters course, then a real problem exists. In which case, you should turn to your network of friends and professionals to help you find even the most minute or smallest relationship between the two. This is one instance when you need the help of someone familiar with international business from your network.
Let's shorten the opening in order to reduce the word count and also, better focus the essay on the necessary information and data that you provide. So, we can remove more than 21 words if we revise the statement so say:

Turkey and the UK have a strategic partnership covering the area of double bilateral trade since 2015. Under the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Prosperity Fund, Nigeria and the UK have worked together to help increase exports and investment through the opening of markets and promoting sustainable global growth. My career plan after graduation is to help further enhance this cooperation agreement between our two countries.

All you need is an overview of the related trade agreement. You need not have given so much detail to the discussion. The focus should always go, as soon as possible, to the complete response to the prompt that you created. The beginning is only an introduction to that discussion. The rest of the essay is well within the expectations of the prompt. I think we successfully reduced the word count right?
OP ezgifilik 4 / 14  
Thank you for everything. I just submitted my application, hope to get back to you with good news!

Home / Scholarship / How my goals relate to the UK-Turkey relationship? Career Plan - Chevening Scholarship