I am going to be a successful,; Scholarship essay on Goals.

mirandakayb 1 / -  

Education is the Path to Success

One day, I am going to be a successful, contributing member of society. My smaller goals in life come together to create the dream of being this person. My inspiration has come from my mother, who has persevered through struggle to become the accomplished woman she is today. Like her, I want to "give back" to the community in indirect, but important ways. I believe I have what it takes to be successful and happy.

Becoming the person that I hope to be will take a lot of hard work and dedication. What I want to be, more than anything, is to be a good mom. I want to be able to provide my children with comfort and security. Knowing that I would like to have a lot of children, and live comfortably, I am going to need a job that pays a fair amount money. I want to be able to enjoy my life as much as possible. Having money obviously helps, but having that having a job that I enjoy is vital to a happy life, since I will be spending a large portion of my life at work. However, I do not want to work my life away. I would like to be able to spend a substantial amount of time with my family. As far as I can tell, an actuarial position sounds like my dream job. Even if I am not an actuary, I know that a college education is essential if I want to find this kind of work. College is the path to success.

My mom has had a substantial influence on my goals for the future. I want to be a good mom because she has always put me first, in any given situation, and I want to do the same for my kids. I remember before my mom was an RN, and I would constantly see her crying about money, not knowing if we were going to make ends meet. I never want my kids to be afraid about not having enough money. I want them to feel safe and stable growing up. My mom worked her way through college as a single parent, working full time, so she could provide me with financial stability. Seeing my mom work constantly at a job she does not enjoy, I realized the importance of having a job that I like, and finding a balance between home time and work time. My mom suggested the idea of me becoming an actuary, because she believed that it was a good fit for me. She has been the main source of inspiration in my life, and has shaped my goals for the future.

My mom has always told me that education was the path to success. College is the only way I will get what I want out of life. Aside from teaching me valuable skills such as time management, leadership, and creative and critical thinking, college will allow me to get a job that meets my specific wants/needs. It is common knowledge that college graduates are paid more, and valued more than non-graduates. I have a much wider range of career opportunities through going to college, so I can find one that I enjoy.

I think the biggest way to give back to a community is to be a working, productive member of society. I am going to be an active citizen; organizing community events, going green, making informed voter decisions, and setting a good example for others, including my children. My kids will then, in turn, grow up to be contributing members of society as well. I will be a "good" statistic; another person graduating college, versus not. I will be a small, but significant stimulant to the economy. I will live my life in a way that makes a major overall difference in society.

I have the potential to do great things in my life. My mother has inspired me to be the best I can be. I want to be the best mom, more than anything else. I would also like to be considered successful. To me, that means having financial stability, contributing to society, and enjoying life. The only way to have this life, is college. College is the path to my dreams.
English_Learner 3 / 1 3  
mirandakayb
lots of inappropriate punctuations

My smaller goals in life come together to create the dream of being this person. My inspiration has come from my mother, who has persevered through struggle to become the accomplished woman she is today. Like her, I want to "give back" to the community in indirect, but important ways. I believe I have what it takes to be successful and happy.
My inspiration has come from my mother, who has persevered through struggle to become the accomplished woman she is today

My mother is my inspiration and role model. It is her perseverance that helped her win all the hardships and become the woman who she is today.

My inspiration has come from my mother, who has persevered through struggle to become the accomplished woman she is today. Like her, I want to "give back" to the community in indirect, but important ways.

.... you do not talk about what your mom achieved.... I mean her position, credentials etc. Without knowing that information, this sounds incomplete.

Home / Scholarship / I am going to be a successful,; Scholarship essay on Goals.