Gold Mine Project assistant. Supporting Statement for Australian Award Scholarship

Rosmaidha 1 / -  
Hi, I am an executive assistant in a Gold Mine Project. I am completing my application for Australian Award Scholarship and need your help to give corrections on the supporting statement section on my application as below:

1. How did you choose your proposed course and institution*?
My Answer:
I would like to grow my career but I realized that my undergraduate degree do not give me many options to expand my career. I graduated from English Literature while my current role is an Executive Assistant, not much from my undergraduate degree I can use to advance my career. I have been working in this role or similar position during my career and found that I need to learn more and gain knowledge and skills to climb the corporate ladder.

With this current role, I have worked with the Executives and Senior Management, have a better understanding on Business Operations from the day to day interaction and involvement on the business operations itself. This has motivated me to be able to give more value to the business and become part of the business leader. I believe I would need to have skills and knowledge required to become a business leader i.e strategic operations of modern business, management frameworks, strategic decision making skills, strategic of human resource management, the principles of accounting and financial management and the basis of ethical corporate governance and how to managing. An MBA program is the best option for getting advance knowledge and skills I need for my career development. Studying MBA abroad will increase my cultural awareness, give me opportunity to delve into customs, traditions and cultures of a foreign country which will be a value in my global worldwide and my ability to interact with people of different backgrounds and ways of life.

2. How will the proposed study contribute to your career*?
My Answer:
MBA degree teaches all management skills which will be extremely valuable knowledge and skills required to advance my career. It teaches all the leadership and managerial qualities, the importance of all major business functions which is the most essential qualification for the business leader. All the management and leadership skills required to run the business smoothly will be taught through an MBA program. By taking the MBA program, I will gain deep knowledge and skills that I believe will give me more opportunities to expand my career to become the business leader.

3. How have you contributed to solving a challenge and to implementing change or reform? (Be specific and include: what aspect/s of your leadership knowledge, skills and practice you consider to be well established and effective; which people or organisations you worked with to solve the problem; and what creative methods were used.)*:

My Answer: I still have no idea to write on this, help please

4. Please:- a) give up to three practical examples of how you intend to use the knowledge, skills and connections you will gain from your scholarship. Possible tasks can be personal and/or professional; and

b) list any possible constraints you think may prevent you from achieving these tasks.*:

Answer: appreciate some ideas please.
Ros, first of all, there's a lot of improvement, needed in your writing, however, we will talk about
the things you need urgently right now.

Question No. 03

Ok, to start with, the question is very specific, therefore it needs a very specific answer.
So, what I suggest that you do is reflect on a challenge you encountered at work and what
idea did you put in, in making sure that the challenge is solved.

An example is below.

As a writer, there's always something to look forward to, no day is the same, nothing is usual.
In one incident, a student writes something about loosing the will to write something that makes
him happy. Writing has always been his passion and he feels intrigued every time he writes.
One day, he felt he lost it, then finally he writes but then again it was not the same thing, something
doesn't feel right. Now, he gets himself to write and send me this troubled essay. As soon as I read it.
I felt the need to act, as cautious as possible, empathizing in her current situation, made sure that
she feel I am here for her. Moreover, I poured ideas and realistic insights such as a change of mood
towards writing is absolutely normal, however, as soon as it is dealt with, the sooner she gets the
feeling back.

There you have it Ros, the example above is just for you to have something treat as a guide, this question
should be easy for you as you only have to think about one situation and elaborate how you were able to
help straighten the situation and showed leadership.

I hope I was able to help.

Home / Scholarship / Gold Mine Project assistant. Supporting Statement for Australian Award Scholarship