He's gonna lead me to it; NTU / Person who had a significant influence

valyanurfadila 1 / -  
This is for NTU Essay, I choose topi"an event which has influenced you or a family member/friend/person who had a significant influence on you." It is now more than 300 words so please help me to delete some and correct my English if I'm wrong. Thank you.

I still remember the day when everyone in high school talked about where they want to go after here, what path they're going to choose. It made me realize that after all, everyone's gonna have a separate way with others in order to pursue their dreams. Some of my friends said that they wanted to be a doctor, others said engineer. Me? That time, I used to have this one dream-job called architect, but not anymore. Here is why. Everything has changed since the day I got accepted at my dream university, Universitas Gadjah Mada. I wasn't accepted at my first choice, Architecture Studies. Instead, I got accepted at my second choice, Mathematics Science. I was very sad, very upset, because I finally had to let go of my dream. And I can tell you that I was never, never for once in my life, imagine myself as someone who's not an architect. The fact that I'm not gonna study about Architecture is literally what breaks me the most. So, how can I get back up after all of that? I pray to God, and asked Him to make me stronger to let go of my dream. I thought, if God give me this path, then it must be the best one for me.

I didn't want to spend my time crying over something that I couldn't have, so I started to focus on what I had. I then started to search in the internet all about Mathematics Science, the career prospects, everything. Not like many kids, I actually kinda like Math, so maybe that's why I pick it as my second choice. What I got from the internet were really surprised me. I never knew that Mathematician is really needed almost in every kind of jobs. Many scholarship also offered for undergraduates in Science major. Personally, I also have another dream which is to study abroad, and Math is gonna be the way to get me there. I feel so happy right now that I choose Mathematics, I really thank God for making me realize that what I want the most is not always the best for me. God knows the best and He's gonna lead me to it. As a human, I only can do my best in everything and let God do the rest. As long as I keep work hard, pray hard, there's nothing I can't achieve in my life. I believe that.
alstera - / 1  
I'm having a trouble one with this too :(

Home / Scholarship / He's gonna lead me to it; NTU / Person who had a significant influence