Graduated from Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering, Petroleum Department with EXCELLENT degree

dream448 1 / -  
Statement of purpose for master scholarship application

Dear Sir / Madam,
I am pleased to write to you to apply for XX Scholarship. I graduated from Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering, Petroleum Department in 2014 with EXCELLENT degree and ranked on the top 1% of my class. I finished my mandatory military service in March 2016.

As a fresh graduate of petroleum engineering, I have acquired a science-engineering program emphasizing math, chemistry, and physics which provides the necessary background for petroleum engineering. My course set includes drilling engineering, reservoir engineering, production engineering, petroleum geology and exploration. I also have very good English skills.

The main reason behind the decision to apply for the master's program at XX that I would like to broaden my experience and gain new skills which would strongly enrich my future career. My goal is to pursue a master's degree in reservoir engineering. My passion about reservoir engineering drives me to further improve my academic background through comprehensive research.

I hope you consider me a worthy candidate and it would be a privilege for me to be a part of your educational community.
Yours faithfully,
YY
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Mohamed, your essay is interesting. You have only minor grammatical errors, you have a good grammar consistency in using tenses. I see that this might be a great potential in you. However, I am not really sure that this essay is adequate in terms of the length of words or not, because as I know, usually it consists of at least 300 words per essay. For a breakdown of your grammatical issues, see the corrections below.

The main reason behind the decision to apply for the master's program at XX that I would like

(missing verb) The main reason behind the decision to apply for the master program at XX is that I would like...

Faculty of Engineering, Petroleum

Faculty of Engineering, particularly in Petroleum

with EXCELLENT

no need to make it in capital letter

top 1%

top 1%? did you mean top #1?

Good luck in revising your future essay. I am looking forward to see one of them.

Keep writing! :)

Home / Scholarship / Graduated from Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering, Petroleum Department with EXCELLENT degree