'the great scientific prestige' - why you have selected those three university courses?

Eliraqi 1 / 1  
why you have selected your chosen three university courses.. CHEVENING

This is my statement for the three university courses question for the Chevening scholarship. Your advice will be appreciated.

In the graduation year at Helwan University, I studied Marketing Management for the first time. Once I started the course, I found it to be a very interesting topic that broadened my horizons, enhanced my personality and taught me core business theories related to contemporary marketing concepts and principles. During the course, I was actively involved in many projects and I finished it with a very good grad. With my curiosity in this dynamic and fascinating field awakened I was keen to study marketing academically, that is why I have been awarded Diploma of graduate studies in marketing with average grade excellent at Tanta University. This fabulous experience has allowed me to understand some of the most critical issues in marketing including how to identify problems, analyze situations and formulate appropriate strategies.

Studying a master's degree in marketing matches well with my future plans. Holding a master's degree in marketing will directly affect my short term plan to work as head of Planning in the marketing department at Egypt Post and my long term plan to work as a marketing consulter. As well, I plan to use modern marketing theories and practices to start my own business in marketing Counseling for small and medium enterprises. On another hand, studying the contemporary theories in social marketing and social media applications will qualify me for launching my social project to combat terrorism.

I choose Bangor University as my first choose because it was Classified among the top 2% of global educational institutions and ranks in the top 40 in the UK for research. And I choose the Business and Marketing MA at Bangor University because it is designed to explore the principles, theoretical concepts and practice of marketing within the context of business and management and focus on developing academic and applied skills in Marketing including advertising, brand management and loyalty, customer service, public relations and market research.

My second choice is The University of Huddersfield which became Times Higher Education University of the Year 2013. The Marketing MSc at The University of Huddersfield is theoretically robust with an emphasis on applied critical thinking and analysis. The Option module (Social Media Marketing) is what attracted me to that course. This module aims to develop knowledge of modern practices: bridging the gap between theory and its practical application.

The MSc Marketing Management at Bournemouth University is my third choice. The course explores contemporary issues for today's marketers and concentrates on the key issues and challenges in marketing communications. The course gives a great opportunity to undertake optional work experience as part of Research Project unit which gives the chance to undertake a significant piece of self-managed research in an area that interests me.

It remains to say that the study in England is one of the most important dreams of my life because of the great scientific prestige for the UK universities and the high-scientific prestige earned by its graduates in Egypt.
Zainb, I can see that you really threw yourself into the research behind your choice of courses and universities. Your choices are clear, when considering the course description that you are offering. However, I do not see how you can relate it to your past or present academic or professional experience. Remember, the essay asks you to explain how the course you opt to study could possible relate to your future career or past academic experience? It is necessary for you to indicate your qualifications for the course you have chosen because the reviewer needs to know that you have the background to successfully complete the course. Or that you have plans to utilize the information within your future career. So you will need to expand upon the explanations that you already have existing within the course and university choices that you have presented.

Kingsley, since you are not offering advice to Zainb and you are instead, asking for a review of your own essay, kindly post a completely new thread that is dedicated to your own essay. We are concentrated on helping Zainb in this thread so your own application will not receive the same attention that it deserves. It is not hard to start your own thread. I look forward to giving your essay the dedicated attention it deserves in terms of reviewing it. Please do that soon. Thanks.
OP Eliraqi 1 / 1  
I redrafted my statement according to your advises. First, I explained why did I chose marketing for my master degree, then I explained why I choose every course and university. I wait your response as fast as you can. Thank you.

I selected a master's degree in marketing at three different universities for the UK university applications for two reasons: it has a direct and strong impact on my future plans and because of my previous academic experience in marketing. This can be explained in the following paragraphs.

My previous academic experience in marketing is significant. In the graduation year at Helwan University, I studied Marketing Management for the first time. Once I started the course, I found it to be a very interesting topic that broadened my horizons, enhanced my personality and taught me core business theories related to contemporary marketing concepts and principles. During the course, I was actively involved in many projects and I finished it with a very good grade. With my curiosity in this dynamic and fascinating field awakened, I was keen to have a postgraduate degree in marketing, that is why I have been awarded Diploma of graduate studies in marketing with average grade excellent at Tanta University.

Holding a master's degree in marketing matches well with my future plans. It will qualify me to work as head of Planning in the marketing department at Egypt Post as my short term plan and it will be the first step in my long term plan to work as a marketing consulter. As well, I plan to utilize the contemporary theories and practices in marketing, social marketing, and social media applications which I will study in that master's degree to start my own business in marketing Counseling for small and medium enterprises and for launching my social project to combat terrorism.

I want to clarify Why I chose these courses in these specific universities:
Bangor University is my first choice because it was Classified among the top 2% of global educational institutions and ranks in the top 40 in the UK for research. I chose the Business and Marketing MA at Bangor University because it is designed to explore the principles, theoretical concepts and practice of marketing within the context of business and management and focus on developing academic and applied skills in Marketing including advertising, brand management and loyalty, customer service, public relations and market research.

Zainb, this is already acceptable as it is. However, I need you to add one small detail that can help to further enhance the essay and will further align it with the requirements of the study in the UK prompt. Please try to find a way to relate your marketing courses with some projects that the UK are promoting in your country. These could be in terms of trade deals, business partnerships. and other business related projects. I believe that you will find something related to marketing because global trade is one of the main thrusts of the UK and I am sure that they have partnered with your country in some way. Once that connection has been created, the essay can be finalized for content already.

Home / Scholarship / 'the great scientific prestige' - why you have selected those three university courses?