Grew up in India - Study plan for Global KOREA SCHOLARSHIP

Tan18 2 / 2  
I would like a honest review pls let me know if you find anything confusing.

1.Study Plans to improve the foreign language

·Before coming -
I grew up in a country, like India, which is multi-cultural and has many languages making me more comfortable to adapt and learn new language without much difficulty. I am fluent in English and two more of the Indian languages. My English has always been practiced through written and oral since I was in elementary school. To expand my vocabulary more I love to read books, newspapers , magazines and try to learn new words everyday. Since, my school used English as a medium to teach us, hence I became proficient in English .

The South Korean culture has always amazed me from respect to technology. It made me curious to learn about it more and began my journey of learning Hangul. I have self-taught myself some phrases of Hangul(Korean language) with the help of apps like Duolingo,Patchim training ,etc. King sejong Institute 's website and YouTube has been a great help on my journey to learn the language. I will use those resources frequently and make myself able to communicate decently with people. I try to learn 3-5 words everyday to increase the capacity of my vocabulary. To enhance my pronunciation, I listen to podcasts, songs and interviews done in Hangul. With all the preparation, I believe I would not feel difficulty in obtaining my desired TOPIK score.

·After coming -
Once I will start my language training program. My first aim will be to achieve TOPIK 2 by the end of the first semester. In addition to the formal training, I plan to improve my vocabulary by learning 15-20 words and phrases daily by reading, communicating and listening. To practice my speaking skills and pronunciation , I will interact with more people to improve my skills. By learning new language, I will get in touch with people, their culture and would be able to understand them deeply. To obtain my desired TOPIK score by the end of my language training program, I will try to solve previous years question papers.

I believe there's always scope for some improvement. I will try to advance and upgrade my competency in English by socializing with international students. I plan to immerse myself in both the languages by joining different clubs, cultural festival, community festivals inside or outside of my institute. My desire to share the knowledge carries around the world. I believe I can share my culture and experience which will help in building friendship between countries.

One at a time.
Do not at achieving a low TOPIK score. Aim for the minimum of TOPIK level 5 right from the start. In fact, it would benefit you to say that you are planning to take some sort of assessment test as a part of your preparation for studies in Korea. It need not be an official TOPIK test, although that would be better, but it should be some sort of certification of your actual proficiency level prior to your start of studies in Korea. Try to take the TOPIK test as the evaluation tool for preparations so that you will receive extra consideration points as an applicant.

As for English, the language usage is not perfect since the writer writes in obvious ESL style in certain parts. It sounds similar to the way a Hindi would transliterate to English when speaking. That is alright though. At least you are trying to write coherently in English. However, I would remove claims of English proficiency in this essay because of this reason.
vxxra25 - / 2  
Undergraduate

The language program is very fast paced having four class every day. Because of this students get topik 5 even in less than 1 year. So write more how you can get topik faster and how you are willing to study hard for that
mylife1234 2 / 2  
i will see myself as a person give you a scholarship, you need to make this study plan logically. i do not know the importance why you told where were you from and so on. because all the things they will take their notice at is the target, how you do it and why you think you can claim it. you gave so many names of the app you would learn korean but it will be better to make it clearly which app you will use, how and how much time time you will use to learn

Home / Scholarship / Grew up in India - Study plan for Global KOREA SCHOLARSHIP