Growing up in the Solomon Islands - why did you choose your proposed course and institution*?

PED65 1 / -  

why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

Growing up in the Solomon Islands, a third world country where there is high rate of poverty, unstable economy, poor governance, corruption, lack of employment opportunity, high fertility and mortality rates, climate vulnerability, increase dependency on AID and soaring debts is really difficult. I chose my courses because I am sure that it will expand my knowledge and skill in learning to understand the problems and contribute to find and implement solutions to address the problems face by my country in terms of governance. For instance, today in the Solomon Islands 80% of youths are currently unemployed. Hence, my proposed study choice will contributes on development of policies and approaches to address the problem.

Furthermore, in terms of institution choice, I prefer studying in the University of the South Pacific (USP) because I believe that the institution is one of the best in Oceania that has credibility in my program of study choice. In addition, I highly believe that studying in the institution and country that shares the same issues provides a more practical insight on the impacts and solutions development for the problems.
This is not an appropriate response to the writing query. These are considered vague, nonganswers to the question. You have not provided a definitive response that would qualify as a deeply considered explanation to both questions.

Why did you choose your proposed course? As a working professional surely you have considered your future career path and how to achieve it. Now, explain your academic, professional, and social considerations. Do you really believe that these are valid reasons that directly connect with your chosen course? Think about these questions and write about it in your response.

You should pick 2 universities for this response, hence 2 master courses as well or the same masters course at 2 universities. Consider what sets the programs apart and how these learning avenues will allow you to help your country try to move forward. Discuss. Convince me that your need to study in Australia is imperative in this case, based upon your personal, career, and country development needs.

Home / Scholarship / Growing up in the Solomon Islands - why did you choose your proposed course and institution*?