Need help with my recommendation letter. My professor doesn't speak English!

Nyurkens 2 / 3  
I have been in contact with Anna Naumova ever since she enrolled our university. From that day, she seemed to me a very determined and intelligent student. While I had been working with Anna as a scientific adviser for a few month, my assumption was confirmed. She always puts extra efforts what distinguishes her among the other students. She is highly motivated and her interest and enthusiasm in different subjects is supported by her scrupulous work. Anna doesn't hesitate to ask as many question as she need to figure out the problem. She doesn't afraid of working hard, therefore she gets the highest results.

I consider the grounding of Anna as a specialist of Media Culture to be excellent. She won the competition for the best scientific article among the university students while she was preparing her graduation project; moreover, she has an extensive experience in job specialty. I'm convinced that Anna is poised to be brilliantly trained in Germany in the Media and Culture sites' master's programmes that she selected.

This scholarship will be of great importance to Anna's professional growth, it will help her to satisfy the personal need of development of critical and creative way of thinking. As a multilateral developed specialist in area of Media and Culture Anna can make a significant input to this field in international society.

As regards personality of the student, Anna stands out by her stubborn, determined character. She is able to work patiently towards her goal, no matter how difficult it might be. What should be especially mentioned is her great aspiration to acquire new knowledge and skills which Anna showed during training: she was very energetic and full of initiative that formed my opinion of her as one of the few most successful students not only in the group, but also in the faculty.
Anna, the essay that you have developed for your professor lacks the focus and professional tone that ordinarily comes with a student recommendation letter. You need to revise the letter to become short but informative.Normally, 2 paragraphs are sufficient enough for the recommendation letter provided that it delivers the necessary content to help your application. Make sure that the letter highlights the following:

1. What the professor considers your exceptional ability while you worked with him on the class project.
2. Your qualities as a Media Culture specialist that would make your application stand out from the others.

As of now, your letter needs to build the authority of your professor to make these recommendations. So the professor needs to indicate his position in the university, the length of time you have worked with him (less than one year is not sufficient for a recommendation letter), and the type of project that you worked on successfully with him.

If you can revise the letter to reflect my suggested changes, we can add more information to help your recommendation letter. That is if I find some information lacking or in need of improvement.

Home / Scholarship / Need help with my recommendation letter. My professor doesn't speak English!