Me helping people - Describe yourself in 285 words.

teddyz 3 / 6 1  
Currently I am pass the word limit by a few words, and I was wondering if you guys can possibly help me with telling what I should add, replace, or take away. Thank you for your time!

Describe yourself in 285 words.

Throughout my life, I have always enjoyed listening to stories no matter what language they are told in. Stories are simply a pathway that allows you to view things from a different perspective. With the many people there are on earth there are simply many stories out there waiting to be told, but sadly there are many that are locked away and lost in time. Many times these stories are lost due to people wanting to forget them or them not having anyone to listen to their story.

Therefore, I aim to not let those stories become lost in time, that is why I long to become a social worker. I am willing to listen to people talk for countless hours and not become bored because of how different everyone's story is. Not only do I want to become a social worker so I can listen to people's stories but so I can be able to use and analyze the details in their own stories so I can help them. For me just being able to help people out with just even doing the smallest deed makes me the happiest person in the world, for just seeing a person smile can also make me smile.

Furthermore, not only do I enjoy helping people and listening to what people have to say, but I also enjoy being around children. Being the oldest child in my family I have always been surrounded by young children. Through the many years of being around small children, I have learned how to be able to understand them and help them out whenever they are in trouble.

Although I do not know what my own story will unfold, I do know that it will include me listening to numerous stories and helping people.
The prompt is not about what interests you. It is about who you are. What are your personal traits and characteristics that you believe make you a unique person? Why should this of interest to the reviewer? Why do you think these traits will serve you well as a student? When you describe yourself, you can use something to represent you if you wish. Some people would say they have the tenacity of a Water Ox. Others, the compassion of Mother Theresa. Perhaps the diplomacy of Ghandi. Something of the sort. You could even say that you are a shark, or you are tenacious. Something that will help the reviewer understand your personality as it might apply to their college community or to your study interests. This is not really an appropriate response as it speaks not of your character but, of something of interest to you. You are interested in story telling. You want to be a storyteller. These do not really make you stand out as an applicant and says very little about your character.

Home / Scholarship / Me helping people - Describe yourself in 285 words.