Hungaricum Stipendium Master Scholarships; this writing as a proof of my interest and motivation

senasena 1 / -  

Hungaricum Stipendium scholarship

Please write at least 1500 characters, but not more than 2500 characters.
Please, specify why you want to come to Hungary, to Budapest, to our university, to our faculty, to this programme. Please, tell us how you met psychology, what makes you a successful candidate, which specialisations you intend to take, what your future plans are, what do you think, how our programme is connected to your future plans.

Please, be always specific and try to connect your own ideas and experience to what we can offer you through our programme.

Dear Admission Committee,
I graduated in Psychology from Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University with high honors in August 2021. Right now, I am double majoring in Sociology and minoring in Computer Engineering.

I had an opportunity to research experience at the Laboratory of Neuropsychophysiology, Porto University from June to October in 2021. I worked as a researcher on the project "Effects of long-term benzodiazepine use on decision-making and social cognition." under the supervision of Prof. Fernando Barbosa. I analyzed the data by multiple techniques and used proprietary (e.g., MatLab) and open-source software (e.g., EEGLab). Also, I am currently working on the "Serotonergic neurons that contribute to copulation activities in Drosophila" project that was published in the ICAENS 2021 Proceeding Book. Additionally, I am taking an online course in medical neuroscience from Dr. Leonard White Duke University. I joined the 2nd Cognitive and Affective Neurophysiology Summer School at the Laboratory of Neuropsychophysiology. Besides, I regularly attended the organizations of the Cortex Club, The UCLA Joint Seminars in Neuroscience, and Cerrahpaşa Neuroscience Society that compose seminars, and conduct scientific activities on related subjects.

My research focus is how cognition, emotion, and behavior are processed in the human brain. Hence, I am interested in pursuing the Cognitive Psychology Specialisation in Psychology MA degree which leads me to investigate Eötvös Loránd University. My main motivation for applying to the Psychology program is that the faculty has outstanding projects and labs. Specifically, the research opportunities in Electrophysiology and Decision-Making Lab that include sophisticated technological basis motivated me to apply for ELTE. Living and studying in Budapest will make me lucky to have an international student environment that is vital for expanding my vision. On the other hand, as a student in Hungary, I will access the European research events, conferences, and networks.

My lifetime goal is to become an interdisciplinary scientist who significantly contributes to academia. I strongly feel that joining your program will be of great relevance to both my future career and my personal development.

I hope you will take this writing as sincere proof of my interest and motivation. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Yours sincerely,
The weakest presentation here relates to the paragraph about why you chose to study in Hungary, Budapest, and the university you have chosen. These must be individually developed in relation to Psychology and your academic interests. A reference to Hungary being a vital historical center for Psychology would help. Refer to notable professionals from the past and present as inspirations for your decision and explain why. How does Budapest excite your need for learning? How? Why would studying in Hungary make you a unique interdisciplinary scientist? Do not skim over there sections. There need to be threshed out as a focal presentation point. Your background does not standout. It is ordinary to a fault. What other accomplishments can you refer to that would make you a competitive candidate? Base these on recent accomplishments of note.
kenna007 1 / 3  
I think you should also add why you should be chosen from this scholarship that stands out from the others and how you plan to apply the knowledge you have gained when you graduate to develop your country.

Home / Scholarship / Hungaricum Stipendium Master Scholarships; this writing as a proof of my interest and motivation