The most important time that shaped my professional leadership skills

Rab 2 / 4  

leadership experiences

are we all product of our environment? Do we have nothing to do but surrender and fall under the pressure? These questions have a different answer from individual to another. under the same Circumstances and the same society problems, yes there are things that we do not have fully control over it. but the way we choose to interact with it despite of it heaviness is our choice, I have learned to engage with every struggle and to enhance my skills to overcome it. our struggles will shape us and will always be a part of who we are .we can choose to rise because of it and to inspire others to do so

2011 was a breakthrough for me it was my graduation year and The Egyptians revolution took place , I have been a part of a field works to raise awareness about human and political rights. in the process of preparation meetings till approaching people I felt passionate about what I believe in .we have learned to organize ourselves and our thoughts and to open discussions with others to present what we stand for and convincing them about the change we all could make

In my professional l life I started exploring my work journey, in my time in u-Elite office i made an impact that's made me responsible of many essential tasks , in some cases I held meeting with the clients , understood there requirement and translate it with my Colleagues in every stages of design, I believe that a leader should be initiative so I even got involved in tasks that wasn't my study area like branding, photography and publishing in a furniture magazine , being involved with various types of design expanded my knowledge

that allowed me to take a freelance projects and also to work with another construction company and some of this projects was a partnership, I believe that was the most important time that shaped my professional leadership skills. I had learned how to choose the right team from outsourced designer and to manage their work progress, we had worked in various project such as residential interior and furniture design communicating with furniture workshops, got involved also in medical projects mainly dental clinics which was challenging to meet all the installation requirements and the static areas together to create a functional design and also was challenging for me to manage unprepared construction workers to work in this kind of interior, I have encouraged other junior designers to join our projects, I learned how to lead , when to follow and how that can affect the design process .

I think the most important thing in a leader is to translate his /her believes system in their actions in both there personal and professional life , people may be touched by powerful phrases but you can only make great impact by acting according to them
Ra, there is a big difference between "being involved" being a "leader". What I see in this essay, is a proactive person who is willing to do what needs to be done in order to complete a task. Anybody can do that without being a leader. In fact, such a position is simply a subordinate / follower position written all over it. There is no clear definition of leadership in the essay. You have to deliver only one representation of your leadership and influencing skill. The reviewer is not interested in all your accomplishments and tasks. What he is interested in is how you displayed leadership and influencing skills during a time of critical need. With all of the experience that you shared in this draft, I am absolutely sure that you can think of something that would fall into that line of presentation. You only need one effective representation of the 2 skills required. Tell us a story, one that makes us realize that the Arab Spring is something that made you an up and coming leader in your country. Or think about your profession. What aspect of your work has left an impact upon you because it required you to come up to the plate to become an influential leader in the company? Those are two prompt ideas that will work well with your given qualifications for this essay prompt.
OP Rab 2 / 4  
thank you for your feedback i will work on it , would you think writing about some of the following point would help me to highlight my leadership skills ?

-In my previous company I was responsible to develop our architecture and furniture branding -planning and managing the design process and the execution
- In my freelance work and in my current company - I held meetings with the clients for presentations -and I'm responsible of hiring out source designer which I lead in the design process and maybe demonstrate projects example

-In medical projects the main struggle was the installation requirement for the medical equipment and I played a role of studying this recruitment and then to lead the construction site in order to fulfill this requirement
estephylih 2 / 5  
@Rab
I agree with Holt, you need to change your perspective to make it according to the cheveningĀ“s requeriments. I also think that you need to put clear examples of how you could influence others and the positive result that was achieved.

Hope this will help you
OP Rab 2 / 4  
@estephylih
thank you im working using your tips to rewrite it

Home / Scholarship / The most important time that shaped my professional leadership skills