Independant and Driven!;Why am I a good candidate for this scholarship?

KaJa4 1 / 2 1  
Why am I a good candidate for this scholarship? I think that i am a great candidate for this scholarship because through out my life I have learned to be very careful on obtaining my needs and wants. My parent's philosophy has always been to be able to finance our own wants the best we could while they supply the life support such as food, home and clothing. I believe they did this to show and teach me indivual responsibilty in order to be a productive citizen. With that in mind I plan on funding my own education to the best of my ability. I have had a good foundation starting in highschool with a _______GPA . throughout my years in highschool i have been consistent on my acedemics. And I have engaged in sports for four years, this has taught me to exercise my self discipline which I feel is an asset and key to achieving greater things. Recieving this Scholarship will help me further my education in the career as an Athletic Director. I feel that I am very worthy for this Scholarship because of the drive that I have compared to other students, I like to challenge myself in school. Students in my grade level would be choosing to take an art class when they could be learning something new in a chemistry class that will be important for college. Or students will transfer out of spanish class just becuase its difficult and they dont want to risk getting a low grade, all the while I think those classes are hard too but I chose to challenge myself and take the risk of not transfering out of those classes and guess what I still did better than average. I like to challenge myself becuase it would be boring if everything was soo easy and you won't learn as much and be prepared for college.

KaJa4
Im sorry that this is very sloppy and I think that I will still add some more to this can you guys please help me shape this up?

The scholarship asks : Why do you deserve this scholarship?
acharrell 2 / 3  
Just make sure that everything needed to be capitalized is, like I and do not start your sentences with and
tsungu 3 / 8 2  
I think that i am a great candidate....
You can remove "I think that". It sounds better without it in that sentence. If you insist on having it, you can remove "that". Only "I think I am...".

Good luck!
I think that i am a greatdeserving candidate for this scholarship because through out my life I have learned to be very careful on obtaining my needs and wants.

... well, what do you mean by this phrase? Is it that you worked with meticulous care for meeting your needs and wants? I think you better be a little more descriptive as to tell them what you did ... It's not very clear :(

My parent's philosophy has always been to be able to finance our own wants the best we could while they supply the life support such as food, home and clothing.

Again this is a bit confusing.... I guess this is what you mean;
My parents always made us responsible for reaching our goals by letting us look after most of the costs except for the basic needs such as food, accommodation and clothing.

Home / Scholarship / Independant and Driven!;Why am I a good candidate for this scholarship?