Innovative Project Manager - Chosen course and Career Plan for Chevening

zshooooo 3 / 5 1  
Hi All! Please take a look at my essay for Chevening application: Chosen courses.Any feedback will be appreciated. :)

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future. Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form

Quality, cost and time

Studying Architecture in university, I was more interested on the process of how the drawings turned into a built environment. Subsequent to my graduation, I worked as a member of Project Management team for a high-rise building in Jakarta.

My first choice is to study Strategic Management of Projects in University College London. This program offers a macro perspective in project management, not only for construction related industry. Studying in this program, I will learn how to manage a project, supply chain management, project economics and finance, and relationship and marketing. Learning all of this, I would be able to start my own business in project management industry in the future. Besides, I am particularly interested in the Management Innovation and Technology classes. Based on my previous professional experience, I realized that the people worked in construction industry mostly working with the same attitude and method as they have done years ago. It lacks of innovation that this fast-paced industry should have. Learning this in an environment where people from different industries will present, I hope to gain a new perspective and idea to be applied subsequent to my return.

The next choice is Construction Economics and Management in University College London. Having two years' experience in construction project management field, I begin to understand that behind the works I had done until now, there is a high-level management in the background that controlled by the economic sector of the industry. Learning more about the economic aspect in construction management, I hope to gain a vast knowledge that will makes me ready to take the responsibility in those executive roles. I am also intrigued by the course of sustainability offered by this course. Indeed, construction industry is the global exploiters of natural resources. Learning how to be more responsible in conducting the industry will be a huge advantage for my future professional career.

My third choice is International Construction Management and Engineering in University of Leeds. Similar to the two course I chose before, I will learn the major concept of project management in this course. The advanced course that the program offers will teach me how to embrace the complexity and uncertainty in construction industry. I am interested in the strong research background that the university has, and how it will be applied during the independent research project that will be assigned.

Quality, cost and time is three of the most important aspects in project management, and I am sure that learning the major perspective and basic concept of Project Management in one of the course above will be a huge advantage on my future professional career.
bellalee 2 / 4  
why you have selected your chosen three university courses? how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience?
Your choice depend on your current working experience no matter sucess or failure. Please prove more link between your job and your interesting course.
Vania, you do not clearly explain how your academic and professional experiences have prepared you for these course choices. You need to create 2 full paragraphs before you present your course choices. The first paragraph will detail your academic background. Include any and all awards that you received during this time to show that you have the academic excellence with which to complete this program. The second paragraph should cover your professional experience and motivating factors for increased academic knowledge. These experiences, with company recognition indicated whenever possible, should help to explain your professional background in relation to your motivating factors and course choices. The course choices themselves do not need to be adjusted as it has a future career relevance presentation each time. There is no need to change that part of the presentation.

Home / Scholarship / Innovative Project Manager - Chosen course and Career Plan for Chevening