Insurance company and accounting - PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR APPLYING GKS

nitakajole 4 / 5  
Hi nice to meet you all, please kindly review my personal statement for applying GKS, your feedback is meaningful to me thank uu:)

I was born into a well-off family, and I am very grateful because my parents can support me until I got my bachelor's degree. Even though my parents' education background is not as high as I am due to limited access to education, my father can prove that he can work in a big company and support their children's education with that limitation. My parents once said to me, "Learning is the key to success and the world is bigger than you think". He taught me to explore more places, learn new things, meet new people, and expand networking. Since I was a child, I dream about studies overseas and learn a new language. It is a challenge for me, but my parents cannot support me financially because they do not have enough saving. That is why I decide to apply for a scholarship to support me.

I graduated from Institute Perbanas Major in Accounting. I joined an international class program, which means all the material is delivered in English. When I was in university, I actively participated in a seminar related to leadership and entrepreneurship to increase my soft kill and expand my networks. In my second year, I got a chance to attend as a participant in the Business law studium generale with a lecture from the University of Newcastle, Australia. It was the most precious experience I ever had because they delivered the materials in a fun way. Furthermore, I was once shortlisted for a full scholarship provided by a university that collaborates with a bank. However, they suddenly reduce the number of recipients and result in me not getting the funding.

I worked as an external auditor for two years before I changed my profession to be an internal auditor in one of Indonesia's reinsurance companies. Working as an external auditor help me to understand financial statement disclosure and introduce me to various forms of financial statement from several fields. I am experienced in audit rubber and palm oil, Non-profit company and even investment management company. While working as an external auditor, my supervisor once recommended me to lead the audit project because he trusted me so well. But after that, I decided to explore my knowledge and change my profession to be an internal audit in a reinsurance company. Here I learn to write my report and understand the whole business process, I also actively join in a company event such as events for assurance communities, company anniversary or any social event such as corporate social responsibility.

Working in an insurance company made me realize the importance of financial management and strategic investment in managing risk. Many companies are forced to close in the pandemic era because their financial conditions are not ready to face the worst scenario. That is why I plan to be a financial advisor or consultant to help a company decide when facing difficulty.

To achieve my career goals, I need to expand my competence and knowledge in finance, management, and investment. Besides that, building a network is also crucial because networking will help me learn about new study cases that I never experienced before. I also want to increase my soft skills in leadership and communication. Based on my needs, I choose to continue my master's degree in business administration in South Korea. Department of business in some universities in South Korea already accredited from AACSB, which means the universities provide top-quality education, and South Korea is one of the countries that concern about education. I believe studying in South Korea will help me to achieve my career goals.
Since I was a child, I dream about studies overseas and learn a new language

This is the worst motivation that most students use when applying for scholarships and admission to any school overseas. You can learn a new language without having to leave your country. You can also study overseas and afford it without a scholarship. Your parents are after all financially well placed and care well afford to sponsor your studies abroad. This is the clear implication of this paragraph. Do not use such an immature reason in any application. This paragraph contradicts your need for a ffully sponsored or half sponsored scholarship.

Working in an insurance company made me realize

The motivation is shallow.in terms of professional direction and fails to show a motivating career path. Where is the serious consideration behind the decision?

I choose to continue my master's degree in business administration in South Korea

This lecture does not contain any unique reasons for choosing to study in Korea. The reason does not represent any academic considerations that make the need for you to study overseas, in Korea specifically, imperative.
aspb2022 1 / 1  

"I dream dreamt about studies overseas and learn learning a new language"

Working as an external auditor help me

Helped me

It also feels a little on the short side. Try to use more of the maximum 2 pages to go into detail, don't be vague. How did your dad teach you the values you know now?

However, they suddenly reduce the number of recipients and result in

Reduced, resulted

Home / Scholarship / Insurance company and accounting - PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR APPLYING GKS